E.J. Ejiya

Philip Ferguson

Just now, meaniegreenie said:

" a coach provided a connection to a new Division I program in football-crazed Texas"

I didn't realize he went to UTSA before coming here.

New age journalists are excessively sloppy. 

Either way, good for you EJ. You're going to be completing that dream. When I saw his frame warming up in his first game as a part of the Mean Green, I knew he had some serious potential. All he has done since is get better and better. Any team will be damn lucky to have him. 

5 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

New age journalists are excessively sloppy. 

Either way, good for you EJ. You're going to be completing that dream. When I saw his frame warming up in his first game as a part of the Mean Green, I knew he had some serious potential. All he has done since is get better and better. Any team will be damn lucky to have him. 

I emailed the reporter and he responded quickly with the following.  Seems like a nice enough young man.

"Thanks so much for the email, my wording was confusing. I’ll change it to “different” Division I school – I meant a new Division I school for E.J. than the one he was originally planning to play for, but I see the confusion there.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I emailed the reporter and he responded quickly with the following.  Seems like a nice enough young man.

"Thanks so much for the email, my wording was confusing. I’ll change it to “different” Division I school – I meant a new Division I school for E.J. than the one he was originally planning to play for, but I see the confusion there.

Good stuff

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I think he has the speed that makes up for this covering RB. And for being on slot guys, no good DC would do that to him. He's an every down lb in my eyes, a mike or sam with edge rushing ability. He's a more fluid version of Craig Robertson. 

Hey!   Whoa...
Were you here to see Craig wallow through the Dodge years?    He's a legend. 

I love Ejiya & what he's doing, but slow down on saying he's better than Robertson.   He could learn a lot from Craig.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Hey!   Whoa...
Were you here to see Craig wallow through the Dodge years?    He's a legend. 

I love Ejiya & what he's doing, but slow down on saying he's better than Robertson.   He could learn a lot from Craig.

I'm not saying he's better than Craig. That's TBD. CR has carved out a nice NFL career for himself. But he's a similar player to compare him to given both played here. 

• Upvote 1