K State hires NDSU coach to be new HC

GMG_Dallas

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25503179/kansas-state-hires-north-dakota-state-chris-klieman-head-coach

$2.3 million a year with $200k yearly raises. Sure sounds like the unlimited resources all their fans were singing about.

This is the hire I expected from the beginning. Will be interesting to see how he pans out. I'm honestly surprised by the low salary compared to p5 salaries.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25503179/kansas-state-hires-north-dakota-state-chris-klieman-head-coach

$2.3 million a year with $200k yearly raises. Sure sounds like the unlimited resources all their fans were singing about.

This is the hire I expected from the beginning. Will be interesting to see how he pans out. I'm honestly surprised by the low salary compared to p5 salaries.

Obviously, Seth didn't accept that job based on salary. He is willing to wait for the right opportunity for him. In the mean time, he is our coach. Perhaps there was other factors such as being forced to retain certain coaches or something else but money whipping him did NOT encourage him to take the job.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

They are going to let him coach ndsu until the fcs playoffs are over.  Guess they don't care about this recruiting class.

I can’t imagine KSSt’s AD has a huge vote of confidence from boosters & leadership right now.

Kleiman may wind up being a great hire, but yeah, allowing him to ignore his 1st class is not only ignorant of the AD, but also an indictment of Klieman’s decision making abilities.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

That’s a long, long, long way from Top 10 coaches money.  

I guess they decided to put their giant pile of money into a savings account instead of using it on a coach.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

That’s a long, long, long way from Top 10 coaches money.  

I guess they decided to put their giant pile of money into a savings account instead of using it on a coach.

With each Big12 school receiving $33 million with their TV package last year I think money is of no concern for KSU.

That make any of you progressives still want the next 30 years as a G5?  I will know your answer to that by downvotes or one of those goofy looking yellow emoticons.BBF998BB-04E5-4A56-825F-10C521B6430A.png.4b3729c75eda446ae3234edff6d7bc39.png

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I think this tells us that sometimes we overestimate money and underestimate relationships.  The KState AD worked directly with this coach and knows him well.  

If I'm a booster, I'm not looking for you to hire a guy you know.  I'm looking for you to make the best hire.

Anyone here in agreement that Kleiman is a better hire than Littrell, Norvell or Brown?    I can't imagine many in Manhattan are in agreement either.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, drex said:

He will be a lot more comfortable in Manhattan than Seth ever would have been.  NDSU is a strong program.  If he can recruit to North Dakota I bet he can recruit to Manhattan.

I would argue winning at NDSU might be the easiest job in college football.  Main reason is they constantly build on the success of the past.  They have not had a losing coach since the 1950's.  They get the best borderline FCS/FBS recruits. They get great FBS transfers.  They have a terrific stadium.  All of that has built a fanbase that is the most energetic and loyal in all of college football.  Their fans come in droves to Frisco for the Championship each year and take over the town.  Klienman did not build all of that, he just kept the ball rolling.  I see a lot of risk with this hire.  

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

With each Big12 school receiving $33 million with their TV package last year I think money is of no concern for KSU.

That make any of you progressives still want the next 30 years as a G5?  I will know your answer to that by downvotes or one of those goofy looking yellow emoticons.BBF998BB-04E5-4A56-825F-10C521B6430A.png.4b3729c75eda446ae3234edff6d7bc39.png

You convinced me, let’s join the P5s.  Can we sign up on line somewhere, or do we have to do some kind of training first?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I think this tells us that sometimes we overestimate money and underestimate relationships.  The KState AD worked directly with this coach and knows him well.  

I've never believed coaching jobs were just about the money. A coach wants to be in a place where he can win on the Big Stage AND make money. Winning leads to the money, not the other way around. After Seth told KSU no, they didn't want their job turning into a Tennessee fiasco so the AD went in a very safe direction. The announced salary falls right in line with the stories about what they offered Seth. I won't have time to keep up with it, but I'll be curious is there turn out to be any "hold overs" from the old KSU coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

"chris klieman!  natty champ trophs line his office.  it's like a lab scientist put steroids into Meth Lesmell's body and made a bigger and better version of the stink ass north texas loser.   he's going to do remarkable things at kansas state cats university, and he's ready to roll to purple with us all!  "

So much sour grapes.....LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, drex said:

He will be a lot more comfortable in Manhattan than Seth ever would have been.  NDSU is a strong program.  If he can recruit to North Dakota I bet he can recruit to Manhattan.

Exactly. I think this is a decent hire for K-St. If anyone can recruit to that place it is a guy that has been able to recruit and win at North Dakota State!