New Mexico (12/18/18)

Philip Ferguson

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

here's a fun stat:

UNM avg. height ranks 17th out of 353 Division I teams. UNT avg. height ranks 343 out of 353 Division I teams.

Points in Paint: UNT - 44 ; UNM - 18
Rebounds: UNT - 31 (10-21) : UNM - 29 (10-19)

I have made it clear I am not always sold on a smaller lineup, however Grant knows how to get his guys in position to be successful. Miller has really grown and is aggressive in the paint. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

1/3 and 1/5 may be tough but we have them at home. I actually think we have a prettt easy conference schedule, but our last four games are to still be determined. 

ESPN Matchup predictor has us losing the ODU game but that's all. Need to take care of business until the shuffle.

• Upvote 1

Just now, meangreen24 said:

Looking at our schedule it looks *pretty* favorable until we hit ODU.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.33.34 PM.png

2 minutes ago, meangreen24 said:

ESPN Matchup predictor has us losing the ODU game but that's all. Need to take care of business until the shuffle.

ESPN’s matchup predictor gives us the following chances to win in each of the next 9 games:

UAPB - 94.4%

@ Rice - 83.5%

La Tech - 72.2%

Southern Miss - 84.8%

@ UTEP - 61.3%

@ UTSA - 74.9%

Rice - 94.4%

UAB - 84.1%

MTSU - 92.5%

And yeah, ODU is the only conference game where they give us less than a 50% chance. Time to take care of business.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, meangreen24 said:

I agree. It probably has us as favorites because they are home games. I think the last four (only based on current records) will be a difficult stretch. Marshall, WKU, and a road trip to Florida. Again I’m only basing that on looking st their records and not actually any “stats”. Either way, I like our chances in our remaining 19 games. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

Anyone figure out how CUSA is going to schedule the Bonus Play games?

Here is how I think it will work, for the top 5 teams.

The team with the top seed going into bonus play will play the 2 and the 3 seed at home and the 4 and the 5 seed on the road.

The 2 seed will play the 3 and the 4 seed at home and the 5 and the 1 seed on the road. 

The 3 seed will play the two teams seeded higher than them (1 and 2) on the road and the teams seeded lower than them (4 and 5) at home.

The 4 seed will play the 5 seed and 1 seed at home and will travel to the 2 and the 3 seed.

Last, the 5 seed will get the 1 and 2 seed at home and the 3 and 4 seed on the road.

This will require teams to beat the teams ahead of them on the road in order to jump them. It also gives the 1 seed the best chance at winning all 4 games while having a chance at 2 quality road wins, thus setting them up for a chance at an at-large bid should they fail to win the CUSA tourney. Which is the purpose of this whole concept.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

This is the image I found once on the UNT site regarding the facility master plan. It would be so sweet. image.png.2787883266b63a18d62baa26224cb0e9.png

Was able to find it again.Don't know that I've seen this link posted but the level of detailed thought/research that went into our athletic facility master plan is impressive. Most people probably would get bored but being construction, I loved it. 

https://vpaa.unt.edu/sites/default/files/IMCE/inserts/sab0047/athletic_masterplan_book_reduced.pdf

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

Was able to find it again.Don't know that I've seen this link posted but the level of detailed thought/research that went into our athletic facility master plan is impressive. Most people probably would get bored but being construction, I loved it. 

https://vpaa.unt.edu/sites/default/files/IMCE/inserts/sab0047/athletic_masterplan_book_reduced.pdf

I’ve read it a couple times. I’m not in construction...I’m just weird 😅🤷🏽‍♂️

4 hours ago, CMJ said:

I still don't think we need to get rid of the SuperPit, but whatever,  

A new arena is fine (though I agree is NOT needed).  A 7,000 capacity for a 40,000 student university is way too small though. We don’t need to build a 15,000 seat arena but it needs to be at least 10,000. I’d like to see something similar to Norther Kentucky. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2