New Mexico (12/18/18)

Philip Ferguson

Mathis is a baller and I think some of those bigs have some real talent, but UNM is way under-performing. I hope they right the ship and this win looks better cosmetically down the stretch. 

Great performance tonight. they pressed for 39 minutes and we generally handled it well. Ryan is quickly becoming my favorite UNT player, Rose hit some big shots and we competed like hell, especially on the perimeter to deny Mathis tonight. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Fantastic win on the road against a pretty good team! I wish we had that double digit win to help the bolster us, but this is still big time! The conference better look out. 

I think people are getting confused by it. 9 points is still great. The thing about the 10 point cap is that if we won by 20, it would’ve only counted as a 10 point win. We were only one point away from that. It’s still good. 20 point wins still are favorable because that means you were more efficient offensively and defensively points/possession wise, but they still cap you at 10.

Winning on the road counts big time, so this will help our NET noticeably.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, BillySee58 said:

I think people are getting confused by it. 9 points is still great. The thing about the 10 point cap is that if we won by 20, it would’ve only counted as a 10 point win. We were only one point away from that. It’s still good. 20 point wins still are favorable because that means you were more efficient offensively and defensively points/possession wise, but they still cap you at 10.

Winning on the road counts big time, so this will help our NET noticeably.

I agree, but it felt a little cheap to try to hit the layup with 4 seconds left. I was wondering if Grant was telling the guys let’s get out of here with a double digit win by using that time out. 

Either way. I’m impressed and come January 3rd we should be at the put hosting a good LA Texh team with a 13-1 record. That deserves a 5k-6k crowd! 

• Upvote 2