New Mexico (12/18/18)

Philip Ferguson

1 hour ago, greeneagle1 said:

How did our chance of making the NCAA tournament go down after a win? Also how are we losing 7 games in Conference play?

Probably because we beat a struggling UTA by just two so the computer models were retabulating the rest of our schedule.

A lot of fans who attend the games never went to school there.  I know of two season ticket holders that did not to college but own season tickets.  Lobo basketball is supported well by their students, alumni, and the local community.  There is not a whole to do in Albuquerque but the town loves Lobo basketball. I think their court holds about 11,000k they took some seats our luxury boxes. When I  lived there it was like impossible to get a ticket.  They have had some down years but last nights game against Colorado the Pit looked full.  UNM is a big commuter school so the students will be around during the holiday break. I sure we will sub a lot to help with the difference in altitude. I hope all our shooters show up for this game.  Woolridge should get some good drives to the basket.

IF people in the City of Denton would come to the games ( I am not counting the parents of the lill dribblers, etc etc. The Super Pit would sell out every night.  It is not that big of an arena. It was really rocking when the CBI tournament was going on.

So you were right "What a concept".  

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Let hope UNM is thinking we are playing that small school North Texas State University. When I told people I played basketball with how large the enrollment was at UNT that were shocked. I miss playing senior league basketball or as I liked to call it the box turtle basketball.  Why box turtle basketball?  If someone fell down at our age it was like watching a box turtle trying right itself after being on its back.

• Haha 2

https://sportschatplace.com/college-basketball-picks/2018/12/18/new-mexico-vs-north-texas-12/18/18-college-basketball-pick-odds-and-prediction

The North Texas Mean Green are playing some really impressive basketball at the moment, but they've had issues on the road dating back to last season and a lot of their wins this year have come against subpar teams. I'm not ready to buy in on what North Texas is doing just yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2