George Derr

USU78

22B3BBED-B9F3-4D36-B387-C072C24D50B8.png.055fc87b975625fad021fc14278eb2e3.png

The great George Derr I remember seeing as an active alum on campus when I was still a student at North Texas & I graduated in 1976.

At the 1’st Heart of Dallas Bowl UNT played in several of us older alums were gathered at the pre-game Party.  George looked at us saying: “Fellers, I can remember when our attendance was such that we were all on a first name basis!”😳😊

GMG!

PS:  At that bowl game was the largest gathering of UNT & Mean Green fans many of us had ever seen.  Some have said as many as 38,000 green-clad fans at that game vs the UNLV Rebels & won by the Mean Green.

❇️ It will be so refreshing to see our Mean Green in a bowl game with significant fan support & attendance from Albuquerque citizens.  The same could never be said about the locals in 5 New Orleans Bowl games UNT has played in.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, USU78 said:

Hope to see him there.

He's alive and well!    He's not posting as much on the board anymore but is at pretty much all the games and continues to be a great fan. 

Congrats on a great season for your team and looking forward to the bowl game.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

He's alive and well!    He's not posting as much on the board anymore but is at pretty much all the games and continues to be a great fan. 

Congrats on a great season for your team and looking forward to the bowl game.

Thanks, Harry. He and I interacted a whole lot online back in the because days. Never met in person, though.

• Upvote 1