UTA (12/8/18)

BillySee58

7 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

Definitely. The bars were dead last night too. It's a tough week for most.

haha its the oh s**t I better study so I can get an "A" on the final so I can stay in school one more semester for more drinking before fully flunking out and moving back in with my parents or sugar momma/daddy

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, untbowler said:

haha its the oh s**t I better study so I can get an "A" on the final so I can stay in school one more semester for more drinking before fully flunking out and moving back in with my parents or sugar momma/daddy

your life arc isn't everyone's life arc. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, untbowler said:

never went to bars sorry to disappoint you, I can not wait until you stalk my next post. Lots of love honey. 

the bar part was the only thing outside your life arc? doubly sad. 

and ya...you could easily have contributed to the conversation here with a "disappointed in the student turnout" or a suggestion on how to bring up student attendance and I wouldn't have batted an (apparently longing) eye.

instead you, in a public forum, opted to pass judgement and make assumptions about 30,000 19-23 year olds you don't know. those who attend the same institution you did and thusly represent you moving forward.  if that's all you think of current UNT students, then clearly you think very little of both yourself and the university on the whole. and that deserves reply...since...again...its a public forum

and...just for some fun anecdotal disclosure...I spent nearly 7 nights a week for 3+ years either working or patronizing the bars of Denton. and all it did was land me grad-opportunities at Yale. while you apparently had no hazy nights, crazy stories and random hook-ups...ya know...fun...and you ended up in Arkansas.  

so...

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

and ya...you could easily have contributed to the conversation here with a "disappointed in the student turnout" or a suggestion on how to bring up student attendance and I wouldn't have batted an (apparently longing) eye.

instead you, in a public forum, opted to pass judgement and make assumptions about 30,000 19-23 year olds you don't know. those who attend the same institution you did and thusly represent you moving forward.  if that's all you think of current UNT students, then clearly you think very little of both yourself and the university on the whole. and that deserves reply...since...again...its a public forum

and...just for some fun anecdotal disclosure...I spent nearly 7 nights a week for 3+ years either working or patronizing the bars of Denton. and all it did was land me grad-opportunities at Yale. while you apparently had no hazy nights, crazy stories and random hook-ups...ya know...fun...and you ended up in Arkansas.  

so...

37956D64-6F03-4FD8-8BB0-165F6AAE22AD.gif.30446337e165a7caf574afb2b370ec2b.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

40 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

so...

Well Bully for you, proud of you son, glad it worked out well, you are just to damn smart for all of us here, besides my post was in jest but but I can always count on you to be offended by something and take it to serious. Good Day Sir or is it X Y or Z can not keep up anymore.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Been out of school for a year now but still showed up yesterday and stood up all game yelling in the student section. I figure I still have a few good scream-until-the-usher-tells-me-to-calm-down years in me.

Ha I graduated 8 years ago and I was screaming so loud last night I almost have no voice... I went back and forth with a ref during one of the timeouts...made me feel like I did when I was a student 

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 2

For the first 34 minutes of the game, it was a surreal feeling.   There were a lot of people there, but it was very quiet since the team was playing poorly.
Once Miller got going late you could feel the energy start rising & when Mo hit that big 3 to get us back to within 2, the place really caught fire & it started getting real loud.

• Upvote 2

I thought the key was when Simmons decided to take over and rebound.  We were so far behind on rebounds it was pathetic but it got real close at the end of the game.  Miller played a heck of game and Ryan is Ryan.  Simmons had a sick block at the beginning of the game. Stuff the guy the guy went to the floor no foul.  loved it.

• Upvote 1