Graham Harrell to UNC as OC under Mack Brown?? Question no info apparently...

peanuts104

The Saints have that QB just for running the ball..      We have our very own version of that in Mr. Shanbour.   Why isn't he utilized in short yardage situations more?   I don't want Mason running into the line from under center, seems dangerous.   With Quin the dfense has to respect the run AND he has an arm that can hurt them.  

Been wondering that all year...

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Professor Lambeau said:

I think this is our difference in GH. You are "ok" with him because he is still growing as an OC, while I have seen enough and would like to see someone with more experience (or have Coach SL call plays). I respect both viewpoints.

There seems a lack of adjustment on our part when the defense adjusts to what we are initially doing. Why isn't a fullback used more frequently to help out, as you suggested? A tight end to help the left tackle? Or when 4th and 1 yard, put the QB under center (the defense might jump off-sides in shock)? For me, it's the lack of adaptability that is frustrating. And when two posters on a message board have "obvious ideas" that would seem to help the team, it is worrisome in that they are not used more often. 🙂

This is where i am as well. The lack of a FB dive in the playbook is just silly. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

This is where i am as well. The lack of a FB dive in the playbook is just silly. 

Totally agree.

And using a FB formation and running the dive forces those teams who are scouting you to prepare for that formation...and that specific play...and other plays that could be called...and that then reduces the amount of time to prepare for your normal formations. 

3 hours ago, Professor Lambeau said:

I think this is our difference in GH. You are "ok" with him because he is still growing as an OC, while I have seen enough and would like to see someone with more experience (or have Coach SL call plays). I respect both viewpoints.

There seems a lack of adjustment on our part when the defense adjusts to what we are initially doing. Why isn't a fullback used more frequently to help out, as you suggested? A tight end to help the left tackle? Or when 4th and 1 yard, put the QB under center (the defense might jump off-sides in shock)? For me, it's the lack of adaptability that is frustrating. And when two posters on a message board have "obvious ideas" that would seem to help the team, it is worrisome in that they are not used more often. 🙂

You are totally right on the adjustment part but SL needs to be more involved in the offense during halftime.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, scrappy14 said:

140 lb QB behind a questionable line  an injury away from being 6-6. Seth and GH are gambling hard that he can stay upright for 12 games again 

Have you even been watching for the last three seasons? Mason is one tough sonofabitch (not that you're a bitch Mrs. Fine if you read this). You might need to brush up on who our qb is.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Good move for Longo.  If he can prove to be effective there under hands-off HC Mack Brown, he will bump his stock for future HC openings moving forward.

It's funny reading the comments from Ole Miss fans. They don't like Longo. LOL

I guess no fan base likes their OC...