TXSportsLife: TX FBS Power Rankings

Talon90

8 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

While I love the publicity I think Vegas would list us as a sizable underdog against Houston, TCU and Tech.

Thoughts?

Utah State will be BY FAR the best opponent we face all season.

Not TCU or Tech under Kinsgbury at the end of the year.   Houston stumbled a little at the end (like we did) and lost D'Eriq King, so I could see it going either way.

THIS IS WHY WE MUST WIN THE BOWL GAME.

So many times when it looks like we're about to turn the corner, we s*** the bed.

We've gotten a break with our coach staying (and their's leaving) and we need to finish this off with a W. Strike while the iron's hot and start off next year as at least a top 40 team and go up from there.

• Upvote 1

Bad list overall. I love the perception that we would be 3 but the head questions the placement.

UT just lost in thier conf title game. I understand is at 3, but would expect us to lose to TT and TCU on a neutral site.

Would probably put it if people had to play right now

UT

A&M

TCU

UNT

TT (if they have a breathing QB)

Baylor

SMU

TSU

UTSA

UTEP

Rice

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My group of friends have been doing a ranking of all (now 20) Division 1 teams in Texas for 10 years now, and it was pretty evident - this is the worst year the state as a whole has had in quite a while.

Im very aware and try to avoid homerism, but this list pretty much matches up with ours, with the exception of Houston, who we ranked significantly lower. 

The case for any team not Texas or A&M this year is rough, and after the first 3-4, which were easy, the next 16 were terribly difficult, Such a year favors us significantly 

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2018 at 3:41 PM, Talon90 said:

While I love the publicity I think Vegas would list us as a sizable underdog against Houston, TCU and Tech.

Thoughts?

Utah State will be BY FAR the best opponent we face all season.

Sizable?  

I think North Texas would come out of the tunnel much like the did vs Arkansas with 🔥 in our player’s eyes versus all 3.  TCU would be the toughest of the 3.

❤️vs💚......UHouston? We’ll get to see soon since the Coogs play us at Apogee Stadium next Fall!  Can’t wait!

DE29F881-1FF2-4069-9D38-92862AA0818F.jpeg

Next years schedule is going to be harder than last years. SMU will be better because the will be in the second year with their coach.  Cal -PAC 12 team 7-5 lost a few by very little points, a young team looks like most will be back.  They are losing a majority of their WR. Houston does not look like they are losing a lot of players and most will be back (8-4).  

So our OC will be a lot tougher than this year for sure.  If Applewhite loses to us he coaching seat will get red hot.

CUSA schedule is not out yet. So I have no idea how the crossover will work this year.

Hope we can find some LB's hard to replace EJ AND Garner.  Just hope our OL improves greatly next year. Give Fine time and he can beat any team.