DRC: Littrell informs team he's staying

Brett Vito

1 minute ago, greeneagle1 said:

Is anyone else alarmed that our own local beat writer was not the one who broke the news? How does a national reporter like Brett McMurphy get the details before @Brett Vito or anyone else from the DFW market? We deserve access to material first before the national media tells us. 

Maybe Vito knew and it took him this long to write the article.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Is anyone else alarmed that our own local beat writer was not the one who broke the news? How does a national reporter like Brett McMurphy get the details before @Brett Vito or anyone else from the DFW market? We deserve access to material first before the national media tells us. 

Vito's punishment for the Mason transfer story. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, RiseUNT said:

All those reporters with twitter fingers were correct about Seth leaving right?

I mean none of them had a check mark next to their name. I know Vito doesnt, but he writes for the local paper that gives the most coverage to UNT. I would expect they would know or have a way in. "Sources" from a random "reporter" are just lingo for someone taking a chance. Vito has been covering this team for more than 15 years. I would expect he would have more insight than a guy who needs to cover 130 FBS teams and more in CFB. 

Just now, RiseUNT said:

He did report twice that it is unlikely Seth is a gonner. Should he have just sent a tweet out saying I told you so? 

I never understand what y'all want from him. 

I will say I want him to be what Mike Fisher is to the Cowboys. They guy who has the news first, isnt a passive aggressive questioner at press conferences, and is willing to say this is how it is. 

• Eye Roll 5

1 minute ago, greeneagle1 said:

I will say I want him to be what Mike Fisher is to the Cowboys. They guy who has the news first, isnt a passive aggressive questioner at press conferences, and is willing to say this is how it is. 

Buahahaahahahahah

You want a beat reporter for UNT to be the same as a reporter for America's team? Ok

Im out

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

I understand what you are  saying. Fisher does a great job covering cowboys and gets alot of inside info because he has great relationships with many. Any body on twitter or that watches the pressers understands Vito doesn't and want have that same kind of relationships needed.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I understand what you are  saying. Fisher does a great job covering cowboys and gets alot of inside info because he has great relationships with many. Any body on twitter or that watches the pressers understands Vito doesn't and want have that same kind of relationships needed.

Thats what I'm saying. We need a beat writer (I don't care if its the DRC, DMN, NTD, etc..) that builds those relationships. Someone who will break news and be an advocate for what the players and coaches are trying to sell. Not someone who asks passive aggressive questions because he thinks he has a cool story that only appeals to a handful of people.

I spoke with Malik Dilonga once about Vito's article on his dad. Malik was upset that Vito portrayed the story to be that Malik being on the UNT Football team helped his dad learn what the game football is, when in reality, his dad has always known about football. 

12 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

Thats what I'm saying. We need a beat writer (I don't care if its the DRC, DMN, NTD, etc..) that builds those relationships. Someone who will break news and be an advocate for what the players and coaches are trying to sell. Not someone who asks passive aggressive questions because he thinks he has a cool story that only appeals to a handful of people.

I spoke with Malik Dilonga once about Vito's article on his dad. Malik was upset that Vito portrayed the story to be that Malik being on the UNT Football team helped his dad learn what the game football is, when in reality, his dad has always known about football. 

Brune is doing a great job. Fans are the ones that read the article. You don't have to be a fan boy. But the more success UNT the more readers you have.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greeneagle1 said:

McMurphy scooped all the K-State beat writers as well.  No one had this before he did....  And he was right about the bowls as well.

• Upvote 3