Seth Littrell withdraws from KSU search

dml7007

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Understand, but if you can increase the buyout to more than cover the increase then it's a good investment

Oh, make no mistake, he and Sexton noticed Bill Clark's extension...   It's coming.   Wren was ready for that.
BTW... Have you seen our BOR Chairman's balance sheet lately?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, untbowler said:

OK, if SL wins New Mexico Bowl, then give the contract Extension, if team loses then contract stays as is. 

Good incentive to win a Bowl Game

Not really sure how this works, but doesn't SL get extra money for winning a bowl game on his salary? Or is that money paid to him if he brings his teams into a bowl game post season and doesn't have to win to get it?

24 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

Not really sure how this works, but doesn't SL get extra money for winning a bowl game on his salary? Or is that money paid to him if he brings his teams into a bowl game post season and doesn't have to win to get it?

I am sure his contract has language worded to award him for both. "He gets "x" amount of dollars for making a bowl and then "x" amount of dollars for winning a bowl." That is pretty standard for coaching contracts, especially at G5 schools.

Edited by CarmanSandiego
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Graddean said:

How many on this board would not “shop around” if a position came open with a different employer for which you qualified, if the new position was with a company with greater public recognition and a considerably higher salary.

Shopping around and getting rewarded for it are two very different things. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

He may very well have already gotten a new contract.  However, I would not reward any coach for shopping around. 

If he wants a new contract, give him more money but increase his buyout to $5m in year one and reduce in further years.    

I can already see how this would go:

Wren (he's much smarter than this, but...): "Hey Seth, thanks for hanging around.   Here's your new deal.  Great news, we're upping your salary 28.5% from $1.4Mil/yr to 1.8Mil/yr!!  Congratulations!   ...Uh, by the way, we're also upping your buyout 138% to $5Mil!
Seth:  I dunno about that math Wren.  Sounds like a rip-off to me.
Jimmy Sexton: Yes Seth, it definitely is.  You should have listened to me & gone to KSSt.
Seth:  Yeah, I'm not signing that deal Wren, and will remember this awful offer next offseason.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, Graddean said:

How many on this board would not “shop around” if a position came open with a different employer for which you qualified, if the new position was with a company with greater public recognition and a considerably higher salary.

This guy wouldn't 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I can already see how this would go:

Wren (he's much smarter than this, but...): "Hey Seth, thanks for hanging around.   Here's your new deal.  Great news, we're upping your salary 28.5% from $1.4Mil/yr to 1.8Mil/yr!!  Congratulations!   ...Uh, by the way, we're also upping your buyout 138% to $5Mil!
Seth:  I dunno about that math Wren.  Sounds like a rip-off to me.
Jimmy Sexton: Yes Seth, it definitely is.  You should have listened to me & gone to KSSt.
Seth:  Yeah, I'm not signing that deal Wren, and will remember this awful offer next offseason.

It should not matter what his buyout is for the first year.   If it does he can keep the old contract.  Again I would not change his contract at all, but I suspect that is already done.   So this is a moot debate.  

My guess has always been that Littrell will be gone the same time as Fine eligibility is up.   The second year would be were the negotiation should be or was difficult. 

By the way, you seem to think that Littrell turned down KS, which I highly doubt.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

By the way, you seem to think that Littrell turned down KS, which I highly doubt. 

I just read that Littrell wanted to bring the entire coaching staff, and K-State said, "no."  According to the article, that ended the negotiations. 

1COMMENTS

Lastly, Kansas City TV reporter Tom Martin reported contract negotiations between K-State and Littrell “Fell through when Littrell wanted to clean house and bring his entire staff to Manhattan, K-State said no.”

Edited by Felozano
Add quote from article
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

It should not matter what his buyout is for the first year.   If it does he can keep the old contract.  Again I would not change his contract at all, but I suspect that is already done.   So this is a moot debate.  

My guess has always been that Littrell will be gone the same time as Fine eligibility is up.   The second year would be were the negotiation should be or was difficult. 

Heck, it's even what their own people are saying.   
Usually, when talks break down, you hear that the school "decided to move a different direction..." or something.   
Most are saying there were some sticking points in negotiations & Littrell removed himself (be it Sean Snyder's fault, Seth asking for too much money for himself or his assistants, etc...).

1 hour ago, Graddean said:

Me,....but I can be happy with getting $100,000 every month.  

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

You have to wonder what the psyche of our assistants is right now.  If it indeed really came down to Sean Snyder or bust you have to think a good number of our assistants were expecting to be coaching in the Big 12 next year and getting a big pay bump.

I would think at least some of them are bummed.  Maybe that's not how they are wired, but if we the fans were on pins and needles all week, how do you think the guys actually being affected by all this reacted?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, Quoner said:

This guy wouldn't 

Glad to see I'm still always on your mind. Not that you give a shit and it's not like you will stop your obsession with everything I post, but there's a reason I posted that.  When I'm able to I may post something that will clarify that statement and the meaning behind it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Glad to see I'm still always on your mind. Not that you give a shit and it's not like you will stop your obsession with everything I post, but there's a reason I posted that.  When I'm able to I may post something that will clarify that statement and the meaning behind it.  

giphy.gif

Two threads with interactions really makes us the Sam and Diane of GMG. I'll keep our candle burning and be here waiting for you to clarify or just guess the big reveal will explain why you ended up having to move so far away. Only time will tell.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1