University of North Texas Suspends Student for… Gun Ownersh

7 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Your memory of people on this board is always impressive. Mad props.

I had to search google if the Federalists believed in punctuation. I couldn't find a clear answer. Perhaps e. e. cummings was a member of the Federalist Society. 

You have no idea how much I wish I could shake this brain curse and remember more facts about my children vs. a random stormfront linking commenter from 2009. On the plus side, it still hasn't pushed Hiram Gonzalez or Unjel Masters... yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, bmasin said:

I am the student in question. Not terribly interested in defending myself in a forum with people entirely outside of the situation, however, you do raise a perfectly valid point about the availability of information and essentially just being told "things" from all sorts of different sides that claim to be objective. The organization FIRE (Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, sort of like the ACLU of university issues) has received all correspondence that the university has sent to me regarding this incident as well as the recording I made of the meeting with the university's CARE team and investigator and will be publishing an open letter detailing everything that objectively took place, the legal wrongs and proof thereof. That should be a very fact based, nonbiased read whenever it does come out and you can decide for yourself of course.

As far as the various outlets and reportings, I've made it very clear with every outlet ranging from these guys to the Dallas Morning News I've no problem sitting down with anyone and telling them anything regarding this it's ultimately the same set of facts and I'm just essentially on repeat. Sorry if the editorializing is getting to you but anything that's not a direct quote from me is outside of my control. Same with the anonymous post supposedly from another student stating I basically Wild West my way through the law school flashing guns and for some reason openly laying a pistol out on a library table (library has glass walls so that means literally dozens of people can at anytime glance in) and mysteriously no one reported ever, and all that mess. No point arguing with an anonymous forum individual that could ultimately be just a random troll.

Seriously though, I'm open to be asked whatever, and as far as an objective source goes, besides FIRE that I mentioned above I think that's the best you'll get as no matter which way it goes anyone trying to cover this will have a desired view/spin and outcome.

I heard your interview on WBAP this morning.  Glad you took the school to court and won the injunction so that you may be allowed to take your finals.  

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2