New Mexico inside scoop

NM Green

For those of you driving through Amarillo, which I assume would be anyone that is driving, here are a few good places to get a bite to eat right off of I-40 from a local, at local places:

1. For a fantastic burger, head to Blue Sky which is located directly off I-40 and Western. 

2. For a huge burrito or burrito bowl, similar to Freebirds, head to Sharky's Burrito Company located off I-40 and Georgia.

3. For Mexican, head to The Plaza located off I-40 and Soncy.

4. For coffee, head to Evocation located just south of I-40 at 34th and Coulter. This is a pour-over coffee joint so expect the hipsters to be there but its a fantastic cup of coffee, you will not be disappointed. Probably the best cup I've ever had, time and time again.

If you would like any other recommendations, let me know. Surprisingly, Amarillo is much more than just a big truck stop :). 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, golfingomez said:

New Mexico is so underappreciated... Santa Fe is one of my favorite places... and it's only like an hour from ABQ

I love skiing in Santa Fe.  You can ski during the day and then you have Santa Fe to do stuff in the evening.  You're not just stuck in a dark cold cabin on the top of a mountain somewhere.

7 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

If you take the roadrunner train from ABQ to SF there is a great Mexican Food Resturant at the Railyard.

image.png.ff4d97117e6987c95dbb7d9103533bac.pngWhen in New Mexico try the Carne Adovada (chili marinated pork).

The smell outside Tomasita's as they are roasting the green chili is the best thing I have ever smelled.

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

If you take the roadrunner train from ABQ to SF there is a great Mexican Food Resturant at the Railyard.

image.png.ff4d97117e6987c95dbb7d9103533bac.pngWhen in New Mexico try the Carne Adovada (chili marinated pork).

went to Tomasita's in Santa Fe just a few weeks ago. Oh so good! Will have to give their location in Albuquerque a try next weekend.