The Silent Majority

jdennis82

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Our class is ranked well above KSU's class right now.  If our coaches were to leave they could take a lot with them.  

I don’t hear enough people talking about this class and how important a role it plays in UNT’s “next level”

if we lose this class, get ready for the next staff needing another cycle (2 years? 4?) for us to hope for something similar. 2-4 more years of 7-9 win seasons, almost winning a title, and more Bens on GMG.com.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I don’t hear enough people talking about this class and how important a role it plays in UNT’s “next level”

if we lose this class, get ready for the next staff needing another cycle (2 years? 4?) for us to hope for something similar. 2-4 more years of 7-9 win seasons, almost winning a title, and more Bens on GMG.com.

We will learn much  after we see who comes & who goes in the next couple weeks during the early signing date.  

Many of these recruits will want to follow through with their UNT commitment  because they liked the whole package they saw upon their original visit to our burgeoning campus.  We do have great athletic facilities (see below link) and a huge Indoor Practice Facility presently under construction that will be larger than most all other NCAA Division One IPF's in Texas. 

Doesn't hurt that some of the best looking co-eds in the Lone Star State attend North Texas and then Texas Womens University 2 miles east of the UNT campus that has about 15,000 more co-eds.  Many great natural resources in Denton; of course, most of us who've lived there already know that.  

GMG!

"Wren Baker’s spruced up Apogee stadium, and will soon add 4,000 square feet to the Mean Green locker room. He’s also got plans for a 6,000 square foot expansion of the sports medicine facility and an increase to bring the weight room from 7,000 to 23,000 square feet - bigger than any P5 in Texas. The athletic department is trending up."

https://swcroundup.com/news/2018/11/29/in-wren-we-trust?fbclid=IwAR2ZybujIE8ove8JXn0JbBILQtvNDHaKZtGHEEvRO57YO0OfXGNbFWASXq4

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1

53 minutes ago, greenminer said:

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, jdennis82 said:

I've chosen not to post on the threads related to our coaching situation because I have no insight and can provide no new information on the matter but in reading much of what's been posted, it feels like where GMG.com represents "the voice of the fans" it can start to feel like Mean Green fans are

1. quick to assume the worst,
  2. inclined to feel betrayed by the idea that an individual might consider options outside of Denton, and
  3. hasty in withdrawing support for individuals who have represented our University in a mighty way

I think, however, there's a silent majority of Mean Green fans who

1. have chosen to be patient, waiting for things to play out
  2. understand that it would be irresponsible for someone to choose not to consider all opportunities (refuse enough interviews and the requests will dry up)
  3. recognize that we've enjoyed one of the best 3 year stretches in school history and will never not appreciate the effort of those who contributed

I hold out hope that things end with Littrell and his staff returning to bring us a CUSA title in 2019 and many more in following seasons, but should things not work out that way, I will unwaveringly stand behind our Mean Green and its leadership while also supporting those who have given much to the program and chosen to move on. 

Thank you JDENN.  Appreciate the true fans on this board that are fully committed to this program's success and not just crying on here all the time.  

• Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1