The Silent Majority

jdennis82

45 minutes ago, jdennis82 said:

...I will waveringly stand behind our Mean Green and its leadership while also supporting those who have given much to the program and chosen to move on. 

Good post and I'm hopeful that many of us are right there with you. Maybe we can even make our wavering un.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I just don’t see how he can effectively lead this team and recruit new members going forward. Even if he did come back, it feels WAY too much like the June Jones to ASU deal.

Why?
There would need to be MUCH MORE concrete evidence (and heck, that may come today or tomorrow) that this is happening.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Why?
There would need to be MUCH MORE concrete evidence (and heck, that may come today or tomorrow) that this is happening.

When he shows up to bowl practice to coach our team, I will believe he may stay. This could all be avoided with a direct statement but he won’t make it. You don’t hire a Jimmy Sexton if you are content with your current job situation.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Cr1028 said:

When he shows up to bowl practice to coach our team, I will believe he may stay. This could all be avoided with a direct statement but he won’t make it. You don’t hire a snake like Jimmy Sexton if you are content with your current job situation.

It's all just speculation though, for now.   And it's not like no-one knew where he was yesterday.

• Upvote 2

For what it's worth. I've seen many talented coaches and assistants leave UNT. Can we really blame them. It's not like if any of us on the forum had a new job opportunity that paid us a significant salary increase with reasonable working conditions. Then offer us the ability at the end of each year for our work and talents to be featured and appreciated. Why wouldn't we take the job to benefit our career and family. I'm not stupid and neither is SL. So, I can't blame or cry over the fact that SL would look out for himself and his family.

As far as my statement about the opportunity to show off talent's and be appreciated by folks (fans) in this at the end of each year. Of course I'm referring to Bowl bid's and national champion ship contention.

At K-State great bowl game and national championship consideration are possible at K-State no matter how much of a long shot it maybe.

At UNT SL bowl game and national championship considerations are Nil !!!! No matter how fair or unfair that maybe!!!

Just look at UCF !!! Just imagine if we were fans at that university.

Of course I want SL to stay at UNT and continue to build a great program here; however, I have to be a realist and admit that if SL and some of his assistance leave UNT that I can't have any hard feelings towards SL and his staff if he does.

I would like SL to leave if he chooses after early recruit signing period. UNT desperately need to keep our 2019 recruiting class in tact.

Go Mean Green!!! Beat Utah State like drum!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

6 minutes ago, UNTMike81 said:

I would like SL to leave if he chooses after early recruit signing period. UNT desperately need to keep our 2019 recruiting class in tact.

As nice as this would be, I'd have a hard time believing KState wouldn't want him hitting the road for them prior to that period, and of course bringing our top verbals with him. 

That said, what's their hold up?

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I just don’t see how he can effectively lead this team and recruit new members going forward. Even if he did come back, it feels WAY too much like the June Jones to ASU deal.

But I don't recall Seth having an inner-city ministry in Denton.  I mean, I don't live in Denton anymore, but I think this would have been covered on an episode of BTG if it were true.

• Haha 1
  • Ray 1

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

several people have reached out to me saying the same thing. Deal fell through. the Sexton effect on to Georgia Tech

There are just a ton of rumors floating around. I know no matter what SL will move on if he keeps winning, but I WANT TO SIGN THIS CLASS.

Hope the offer falls through.  

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Coaches leave and we're not going to keep the bulk of the class.  That is more or less a given.   

I truly wonder how many will sign early without a head coach in place. They would  be signing up without knowing what offense or defense we would play the next could of years and have no relationship with the staff coming in. 

On the flip side, some could see their offers dry up elsewhere (or here) if they wait. 

16 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I truly wonder how many will sign early without a head coach in place. They would  be signing up without knowing what offense or defense we would play the next could of years and have no relationship with the staff coming in. 

On the flip side, some could see their offers dry up elsewhere (or here) if they wait. 

If you bring in an Air Raid offensive coach, you probably won't lose many (if any) of your offensive talent.    But if Reff doesn't stick around, you run the risk of losing a lot of your defensive talent because his defense is not very common.

Bring in Neal Brown & it's all good.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Lovely Take 1