Everyone needs to calm down.

BigWillie

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

I just wish the fan base would give up the mentality that we need Seth. We need a competent administration that is committed to investing in athletics and we have that now. The coach we hire after Seth will be a good coach because we have smart people making the decisions now, we have resources, and this is an extremely attractive job.

Perfectly said. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I just wish the fan base would give up the mentality that we need Seth. We need a competent administration that is committed to investing in athletics and we have that now. The coach we hire after Seth will be a good coach because we have smart people making the decisions now, we have resources, and this is an extremely attractive job.

Exactly. 

• Upvote 1

That is how I feel. Love Seth but ready for another great 3 year run by the next coach. Everybody can come out of this just fine. Make the announcement win the bowl game and get the next stud to keep the Green times rolling!

GMG

3 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Honestly, at this point he really should hope he ends up at KSU because this has left a bitter taste. 

If he stays wins this bowl, keeps number 1 CUSA class, and wins 10 games next year all is forgotten and forgiven. Now if he misses one of those....... 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

If he stays wins this bowl, keeps number 1 CUSA class, and wins 10 games next year all is forgotten and forgiven. Now if he misses one of those....... 

Won’t happen. It would remind me of the June Jones situation too much

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I think many are not specifically worried about Seth but just the competitiveness of us versus them and who wins. Once we hire a new coach the masses will turn on Seth. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

7 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

3 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I think many are not specifically worried about Seth but just the competitiveness of us versus them and who wins. Once we hire a new coach the masses will turn on Seth. 

For me (and I assumed for others), these are connected. I don’t want him to stick around because I think we NEED him, I want him to stay because I think the formula we have now will get us 10 wins, a conference championship, and the #1 conference recruiting class next year. I’d rather not change the recipe yet.

Disclaimer: although I feel this way, I’m not getting my undies in a bind and tweeting at Coach or TheWren in a misguided belief that my whining will somehow help anything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1

9 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

@BillySee58  Great post. The foundation of the program is the key. Players and coaches will come and go over time. It's much better to be in a situation where we are trying to hang on to a coach rather than hoping he is fired. I believe UNT has made the commitment and if Seth chooses to move on we will be ok.  

9 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Boom!! agree 100%

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Honestly, at this point he really should hope he ends up at KSU because this has left a bitter taste. 

My only frustration with Seth at this point is his lack of communication. Does he owe it to us? NO!

But how do you over-and-over ask fans to be supportive and compassionate for your program and then when something like this comes up, knowing how fans will react, you say nothing?? I would rather hear his typical "coach speak" than nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Everyone is freaking out over no news.   Seth was in New York for a Coaching Conference.  He may or may not have interviewed for a Job.  This was scheduled well before we knew we be preparing for a bowl game in 13 days.  It may become a bigger issue if he not back at practice today.  There is no communication to have until he either announces he signed a new contract with North Texas, or he has signed to be the next coach at Kansas State or any other school with an opening.  

reporters are trying to create stories that get us to click on their links.  

I believe in Coach Littrell and until he is not our coach, and that point I sure Wren Baker will bring in someone as good or better.

Relax, speak positive all the recruits are reading this and may decide to go else where off our arguing about nothing.  Wait for the facts to come out.

Go Mean Green!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

By no fault of his own. Has he given any indication that he wants to leave for any school?

9 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Nothing to forgive and forget. What has he done besides be our coach and disassociate from rumor and speculation. 

• Upvote 1