Let’s move on

TIgreen01

32 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Names thrown around the most:

Neal brown (Troy)

Eric Morris (UIW)

Hal Mumme (father of the Air Raid) 

Kendall Briles (just extended at Houston) 

Darrell Dickey

Graham Harrell

Troy Reffet

Mike Ekeler

How about some more P5 OC’s??

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

As a Tampa Bay Bucs fan I’d look at Todd Monken. Number 1 in yards and top 10 in points scored in the NFL and success as a HC at Southern Miss. Turned Ryan Fitzpatrick into a good QB for a few weeks. Unfortunately I think he’s done well enough that if the staff is fired in Tampa (which I think is looking less likely) he’ll probably get an OC job somewhere else in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, meangreanmick said:

I read today KSU is hiring a search firm and may not name anyone before early signing, or maybe right around that time, so dig in and hunker down.

That would be insane, they need their new coach to start swaying recruits to them ASAP.  Our class is ranked way ahead of theirs at this point.  

12 hours ago, greenminer said:

I saw Mumme mentioned once, and I think it was in jest.

Yeah that was me and it sort of was but it’s not crazy to look at.  He’s the dude.  I think he must have some issues with how much of a journeyman he is and he’s older now...but he innovated the offense and entire philosophy our program is built on.  I recommend reading The Perfect Pass...changed the way I watch the Air Raid. 

3 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Yeah that was me and it sort of was but it’s not crazy to look at.  He’s the dude.  I think he must have some issues with how much of a journeyman he is and he’s older now...but he innovated the offense and entire philosophy our program is built on.  I recommend reading The Perfect Pass...changed the way I watch the Air Raid. 

The problem with Mumme is he's sticking to the original air raid concepts and dying to them. Look at his last few teams.

Guys like Leach, Kingsbury, Riley, and hell even Briles are taking the Air Raid and perfecting it in their own unique ways. Mumme was an innovator for sure, but I think his air raid, and its subsequent effectiveness, are long gone.

32 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

The problem with Mumme is he's sticking to the original air raid concepts and dying to them. Look at his last few teams.

Guys like Leach, Kingsbury, Riley, and hell even Briles are taking the Air Raid and perfecting it in their own unique ways. Mumme was an innovator for sure, but I think his air raid, and its subsequent effectiveness, are long gone.

To be honest I haven’t watched any of his teams in the last decade outside of 13 SMU and that was too long ago to remember much. 

Upon review of his recent teams' records though it'd appear you're right.

Edited by tmjerm

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

*******High Jack Alert*******

@SilverEagle, did you see where Decatur is making a run in the playoffs with a 7-6 record?

I was thinking that they had only three wins going into the playoffs, so I thought they were going to be the sacrificial lamb for Dumas in the first round. Turns out I was wrong. I've tried to get an explanation from my brother-in-law (who covers Sacred Heart on the web) but he hasn't responded.  I don't understand it either. I can only guess that some key player (like a QB) has returned just in time for the playoffs. 

Boy have things ever changed since I was in High School. From 1965 to 67 Jacksboro's record was 27-3 and they didn't go into the playoffs any of those years (thanks to Decatur) despite being consistently ranked in the top 5 of their classification.