Let's treat our forum guests from K-State with respect

Harry

1 minute ago, AllPurple said:

So, Seth Littrell..........

Tell me your favorite stories about the former North Texas Coach

I liked that time he gave up a 28-0 lead to Old Dominion and lost. Or with Bowl elegibility on the line vs 3-9 UTEP lost 55-24(?)-ish...UTEP. Or lost a conference championship game by 5 touchdowns, but improved from the 7 td massacre from the same team earlier in the year. I liked that time we best 1-11 UTEP by 3...like 3 weeks ago or a 3 point win over 3-9 utsa...2 weeks ago. I like that time we got hosed by Troy in our bowl game by 3 tds. Just too many to keep up with. Enjoy. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, akriesman said:

Graham Harrell is close friends with Santa Claus and I have proof.    Santa would never let him down.   Be careful what you wish for K State.   You may have the wrong man.

Graham.jpg

Lol. 
Interestingly enough, a possible target to replace Littrell is also friends with Santa, because....    HE'S IN THE SAME PICTURE.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

The site has a lot of K-State fans visiting right now.   I ask that everyone treat them kindly and with respect.

I recall when they came to play us in the last game in Fouts their fans were very respectful to us and quite classy.  I would hope we return the favor when they visit with us here.

If K-State takes NTs coach at this point in time, their University completely fu-c... NTs program. Would be hard to be polite to folks supporting that.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1

37 minutes ago, AllPurple said:

My Family is going to be shocked to hear we live in rural Kansas.  This is going to be a tough one break at the dinner table tonight.

Look when it comes to telling someone bitter and disappointing news, it's better to spoon feed them.  Start off by admitting you live in Kansas.  Once they've gotten over the initial shock, say two to three months, tell them about the rural part.  

I have it on trustworthy authority that we lost the ODU game because Graham Harrell was paged out of his spot in the booth early in the 2nd quarter to respond to a Monarch fan who was choking on one of those giant salted pretzels.  Well, when he gets down there, of course, he's able to dislodge the pretzel from the dying child's throat without any problems, but it was during this time his bowels began turning from taking on a local Norfolk eatery's ghost pepper challenge, & winning, the night before.    What happened in the men's bathroom could only be described as catastrophic, yet beautiful... preserved to this day.  But he was unable to finish the masterpiece before the final whistle, and well, we all know what happened.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, AllPurple said:

Damn!  even Ron Prince averaged about 5 wins per season.  Just curious, but what's your return policy here at North Texas?

Our last successful basketball coach who left us for greener pastures (LSU) is now at SWAC powerhouse Texas Southern. 

So you're allowed to return him in-state, but FCS or below.

• Lovely Take 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I have it on trustworthy authority that we lost the ODU game because Graham Harrell was paged out of his spot in the booth early in the 2nd quarter to respond to a Monarch fan who was choking on one of those giant salted pretzels.  Well, when he gets down there, of course, he's able to dislodge the pretzel from the dying child's throat without any problems, but it was during this time his bowels began turning from taking on a local Norfolk eatery's ghost pepper challenge, & winning, the night before.    What happened in the men's bathroom could only be described as catastrophic, yet beautiful... preserved to this day.  But he was unable to finish the masterpiece before the final whistle, and well, we all know what happened.

Graham Harrell once punched a hole in a cow just so he could see who was coming up the road.

I can't imagine that would go over well in a cow friendly state like Kansas.

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Graham Harrell once punched a hole in a cow just so he could see who was coming up the road.

I can't imagine that would go over well in a cow friendly state like Kansas.

domestic assault charges in most house-holds, really

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I liked that time he gave up a 28-0 lead to Old Dominion and lost. Or with Bowl elegibility on the line vs 3-9 UTEP lost 55-24(?)-ish...UTEP. Or lost a conference championship game by 5 touchdowns, but improved from the 7 td massacre from the same team earlier in the year. I liked that time we best 1-11 UTEP by 3...like 3 weeks ago or a 3 point win over 3-9 utsa...2 weeks ago. I like that time we got hosed by Troy in our bowl game by 3 tds. Just too many to keep up with. Enjoy. 

But he does know to make sure there's a punt returner ready to field the ball inside the 10 with 30 seconds to go in the half of a game that you have just blown a good lead.

1 minute ago, meaniegreenie said:

But he does know to make sure there's a punt returner ready to field the ball inside the 10 with 30 seconds to go in the half of a game that you have just blown a good lead.

Oh, good memory we had there. 

I also recall tough and disciplined Seth Littrell coached UNT teams being pounded on every time we play a physical team. Those were awesome. 

2 hours ago, AllPurple said:

So, Seth Littrell..........

Tell me your favorite stories about the former North Texas Coach

2 years ago he cut in line in front of me to get nachos at a Meet the Coaches event at Park Place Dealership... I saw him again this year in the very same line, and not a single apology.

He's a monster...

• Haha 1