Bowl Practice Update #1

TheReal_jayD

15 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

cancel the bowl game-two teams without HC will be a good game to watch (not).  They might as renamed it Who Cares Bowl". Look at SMU last year it was a pathetic effort.  The players from both teams will be in the dumps for this game. I might rethink my plans now.

7A353DC7-6699-47E3-A5BB-5B57B0C4D021.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

24 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

cancel the bowl game-two teams without HC will be a good game to watch (not).  They might as renamed it Who Cares Bowl". Look at SMU last year it was a pathetic effort.  The players from both teams will be in the dumps for this game. I might rethink my plans now.

Feel free to watch Tulane VS ULL instead.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Ok, the players are psych up for the game and I am not.  As a fan, I am no longer looking forward to it and I feeling little down about it.  We all knew this was a bus stop for SL when he took the job and he would be moving on.  I just thought he would accomplish the goals before leaving and one more year with his recruits we would have been great shape.   I just don't know of a better coach out there that will take this job.  Wren, please prove me wrong and I never want to go back to #olddenton.

We’d get a glimpse of the potential head coach for next year.  Will there be any changes to the offense with an interim?  Not all is lost, man. The seniors have busted tail.  GMG!

10 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I wonder if EJ will sit it out and prepare for the NFL draft.  Seems to be happening more and more outside the playoff teams and the NYD teams.

I think EJ needs more game film on him to prove that he is indeed NFL ready. He's NFL Caliber in My opinion. I hope he gets an invite to the Senior Bowl if they havent sent those invites out yet.

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Withers940 said:

I think EJ needs more game film on him to prove that he is indeed NFL ready. He's NFL Caliber in My opinion. I hope he gets an invite to the Senior Bowl if they havent sent those invites out yet.

Agree.   Sitting out the bowl game is for guys who are projected to go 1st/2nd rounds.

EJ is a phenomenal player, and will make a NFL team very very happy, but I don't know that enough NFL scouts' eyeballs have been on him over the past 2 years.   And we all know how little publicity he gets playing in a C-USA school.  Playing in one of 4 games on December 15th will allow for more scouts to see him.  And if not the Senior Bowl, hopefully the East-West Shrine game.

He's no-doubt going to ball out in New Mexico, and our Pro Day will be full of scouts there to see him.   They'll also get a good look at Nate, Kemon & Rod Young (The most under-the-radar guy on the team, with apologies to Kelvin Smith).

• Thanks 1