New Mexico Bowl Preview & Predictions

Philip Ferguson

https://www.12up.com/posts/6244851-north-texas-utah-state-live-stream-game-preview-and-prediction-for-the-new-mexico-bowl?view_source=leagues_page&view_medium=[ncaa-football]

Prediction

In a battle between two high-powered offenses, defense will end up being the decisive factor. Utah State have a solid defense, allowing 23.0 points per game while North Texas have allowed 21.8. On paper, this is an excellent matchup but I believe Utah State can take home the victory on the back of Jordan Love.

North Texas 31, Utah State 38

Just watched ESPNU's bowl mania show.... they picked all 40 games via confidence points, and gave Utah State 39 confidence points. Only Ohio State over Washington was higher. The dude - who I've never seen before - gave Mason some love but just simply said NT was overmatched in this one and moved on. It was pretty much the most dismissive lock pick on the entire show, and i am HERE FOR IT. Shoot that disrespect right in our veins and go get a GD ring..... #GMG

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Uh, crap.

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I wonder if 2019 UNT beats 2018 Troy.

Yes, DB's playing much better than last year.  But, without Jeff IDK that our run game is able to do anything vs Troy.  IMO, we're going to have to throw it 45-50 times to beat these guys.

All I know is that I'm definitely taking the over.

My guess, however, is that the defense shows up, but the offense forgets how to football in the 2nd half again. Utah State is one of the better teams in the Sun Belt, and they would know our offensive problems in the second half. 

48-28 Utah State. Please don't hate, your words can grate. Now I must go or I'll be late. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Legend500 said:

All I know is that I'm definitely taking the over.

My guess, however, is that the defense shows up, but the offense forgets how to football in the 2nd half again. Utah State is one of the better teams in the Sun Belt, and they would know our offensive problems in the second half. 

48-28 Utah State. Please don't hate, your words can grate. Now I must go or I'll be late. 

How do they stack up in the Mountain West?

• Haha 3

Mountain West? They’re not gonna get into the MWC. That’d be like Utah joining the PAC10.

WAC will replace UTEP with them when Big East steals from the CUSA. Of course, by then UNT will be in the Big East. Who they gonna take? They’re not desperate enough to take low end schools like Tulane, Tulsa or SMU. That’s almost as silly as saying they’d take Wichita State for basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I was just watching Campus Insiders (on Stadium) and Brett McMurphy predicted a North Texas upset.  He said last year, 5 out of 6 teams with interim coaches lost their bowl game so their should be some inconsistency with Utah.  And, he said North Texas will probably rally around Littrell since he's staying.  It all sounds like great news to me!  #GMG #TheShowGoesOn

Edited by Philip Ferguson