New Mexico Bowl Preview & Predictions

Philip Ferguson

https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2018/12/15/north-texas-vs-utah-state-12/15/18-college-football-pick-odds-and-prediction

"Both of these offenses had outstanding success this season throwing the football as the Mean Green ranked 11th in passing offense while Utah State ranked 18th. As much as I’ve been impressed by the Aggies this season, they didn’t look that explosive in their last two games away from home and as I think the Mean Green offense will be able to keep this one close, I’m going to go with North Texas and the points." 

https://everythingcfb.com/new-mexico-bowl-north-texas-vs-utah-state-preview-and-prediction/

This is a fantastic match up to kickoff off Bowl Mania with two very similar teams squaring off with each other. North Texas has a variety of different things they can throw at you on offense but so does Utah State. These two teams are very similar i think a lot of points will be scored, some big defensive stops will be made and all around this will be one of the best games to be played in December. Give me UNT and Mason Fine to show up in the 4th Quarter.

Pick: North Texas 42, Utah State 37

• Upvote 1

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900044784/report-utah-state-to-face-north-texas-in-new-mexico-bowl.html

"Anybody expecting Utah State to simply roll over the Mean Green will probably be disappointed. This team appears to have the talent to go toe-to-toe with the Aggies." 

• Upvote 1

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/albuquerque-gears-up-for-new-mexico-bowl/5166019/

“I'm really excited about this matchup, it could be the best one we've ever had," said Jeff Siembieda, New Mexico Bowl Executive Director. “The 19-5 combined record is the best winning percentage of any bowl this year outside the New Year’s 6 bowl."

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

I think the North Texas offense has a little more difficulty than usual getting on track, but USU finds a groove early.  End of 1st: 14-3 USU. 

In the 2nd Mason comes alive, but USU keeps their pace.  Halftime: 24-17 USU

North Texas comes out of the locker room with the usual “adjustments? We don’t need no stinkin adjustments” mantra...but Hedlund kicks a few FG’s.  End of 3rd: 34-23

In the 4th Torrey finally finds some room and Mason Fine ignores GH’s calls and audibles at the line for two TD’s.  The defense digs in and holds them to 3 in the quarter.  Final score: 44-37 North Texas

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1