OK....here's the thing

TheColonyEagle

Just now, peanuts104 said:

with what relatively little he's had to work with.

See. Right there. 

What “little has he had to work with” here?

He has an administration that gives him whatever he wants. Arguably the best facilities in the conference. In a recruiting hotbed. Highest paid coach in the conference. One of the highest in G5

next year is year 4

I would be curious to know why anyone would expect him to do anything but win the conference next year 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

See. Right there. 

Receivers that couldn't catch balls, for starters, which is a big reason why our receiving corps is mostly underclassmen.  He's taken guys over the past two seasons with almost no FBS experience and turned them into solid producers.  That's what I'm talking about. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Receivers that couldn't catch balls, for starters, which is a big reason why our receiving corps is mostly underclassmen.  He's taken guys over the past two seasons with almost no FBS experience and turned them into solid producers.  That's what I'm talking about. 

Well. Theyre all his next year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Well. Theyre all his next year. 

They're all his right now.  I also think having such a young offense is why the team has struggled in close games. Our receiving corps is young and seems to lack maturity. My point is it's not like he inherited top tier talent when he came here.  He had to find it and he did.  He found it quick and made one of the most dramatic turnarounds in program history.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

They're all his right now.  I also think having such a young offense is why the team has struggled in close games. Our receiving corps is young and seems to lack maturity. My point is it's not like he inherited top tier talent when he came here.  He had to find it and he did.  He found it quick and made one of the most dramatic turnarounds in program history.

I hear you  

But in year 4

no excuses. 

CUSA Champs 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I will always be a Seth Littrell fan, but if he leaves I’d still be disappointed because he will not have won a CUSA championship, won a bowl game & was here only 3 years with only 2 above .500

Only way he’d lose many of us is if he cherry picked off this recruiting class & tried to prosylyte any players on scholarship but I dont see that would be who he is all about.

Simplify all this Seth...JUST STAY!😊

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

38 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I honestly think Seth needs 2-3 more strong recruiting classes to win a CUSA Championship. 

GMG!

Why would it take that much to win the worst conference in FBS. If you have one of the hottest, top paid coaches in G5.....you should win it in his 4th year. 

2-3 more years! We’re not trying to win the Big 12

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

See. Right there. 

He has an administration that gives him whatever he wants. Arguably the best facilities in the conference. In a recruiting hotbed. Highest paid coach in the conference. One of the highest in G5

next year is year 4

I would be curious to know why anyone would expect him to do anything but win the conference next year 

Ppl will dog you if you talk about their daddy like that. Better watch it. 

The same ppl that will dog you will hold SL in UNT lore and he hasn't won a damn thing. Nothing. Nada. 

But, they'll pile on that nutsack and swing around forever. It's who we are because of how mismanaged this department was for so long. Beaten dog syndrome at it's finest.

As for the Twitter bitches, eff em. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I honestly think Seth needs 2-3 more strong recruiting classes to win a CUSA Championship. 

GMG!

That is dirrahea. This conference is horrible. 

But to your post, you're saying it will take potentially 8 years for him to win the conference. My god, what has your football watching eyes seen over the years to be OK even saying that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

Lots of money will never equate to easy winning on the G5 level. Until OL/DL players start flocking our direction, it’s really hard to formulate or buy permanent success outside the P5.

I agree with that to an extent. But like a system QB, there can be a system athletic department. Program's like Toledo, SDSU, LaTech, Astate, Boise, SoMiss, and more have kind of found a way to maintain competitiveness through whatever. 

5 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Good gosh, someone finally gets it!!!!  Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

i posted the link to USU’s football player roster. Lots of big, knarly linemen.  That’s where UNT is weak.

Very true. This has been our achilles heel, and it has been the least recruited areas for Littrell; in both quality and quantity. 

• Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Good gosh, someone finally gets it!!!!  Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!!

i posted the link to USU’s football player roster. Lots of big, knarly linemen.  That’s where UNT is weak.

Your Cuzzin’ Guido should be on future UNT HFC’s selection committees, Phil.  No one would bullshit your favorite Sicilian cuzzin’!😳Rumor is ol’ Guido has great antennas for cipherin’ thru BS.  Hey! Get our buddy SUMG to make that committee  suggestion to WB. He still has much “un’used” capital left to where someone might listen?🤔

5-4-3-2-1 💥 

💚GMG!💚

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

13 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

The reason we didn't compete for a CUSA championship is because in three games we built up three touchdown leads, and then fell asleep. That's coaching. 

2 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

The reason we didn't compete for a CUSA championship is because in three games we built up three touchdown leads, and then fell asleep. That's coaching. 

I don't disagree.  That doesn't change my argument that before we had Littrell we weren't even in competition for titles except for 2013 when we had a stacked defense with NFL talent and Skladany as our DC.

You better watch out with those expectations. They're a little lofty my friend. No reason to think we could do any better.....

My expectations are simple:

1) Undefeated Season

2) Conference Championship

3) Bowl Win

Do one or more of those and I consider it a successful season.

Seth has done none of those, and is an 11 point dog in the bowl game. There's a very real possibility he'll be 0-4 in championship games after this season and averaging 7.6 wins a season.

Not exactly what I'd call "successful".