Wren Baker: Bowl Press Conference

NorthTexan95

39 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

My boss never cried talking about me, if he did I would stay.

I think there is some confusion. WB gets emotional when discussing fan Steven Pettit. Steven is a huge fan who is battling stage IV cancer. Young man with kids. There was a story a few weeks ago on beyond the green. I think Stevens I’m here. He lists the team as an inspiration. Sounds like Vito asked WB about it

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

I think there is some confusion. WB gets emotional when discussing fan Steven Pettit. Steven is a huge fan who is battling stage IV cancer. Young man with kids. There was a story a few weeks ago on beyond the green. I think Stevens I’m here. He lists the team as an inspiration. Sounds like Vito asked WB about it

Check first of this episode 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qGfVGUStJG0

And then check last two minutes I’d this one https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=adrNOOAbQcU

We joke about this but think about everything UNT is going the right direction.  BYG is second to no one. The major programs seem to go up in the right direction.  Great AD, President and a new leader of the university who is behind the athletic program. SL has brought the program from the darkness and now the UNT job is not a dead end job. Adding an indoor practice field and planning for new venues in the future.  I worry about a drop off in FB program if SL leaves but like Baker says on one man makes it all run.  I would really like to know who interested in HC job here when or if SL leaves.  I think we might see some surprising names. I am feeling better about everything now that I think about it. With Wren in charge, I think we will be just fine.

• Upvote 1

"The time may come when he gets an offer that he can’t refuse,” Baker said. “When that happens I’m gonna tell him ‘Thank you’ for the contributions he’s made here and that I’m proud for him. But I would be disappointed, and I think he would be disappointed, to think that we’ve spent all this time building a program whose success was hinged on one person. I just don’t believe that’s where we are as a program.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/12/3/18124436/north-texas-ad-wren-baker-talks-about-rumors-of-seth-littrell-leaving-for-k-state

• Upvote 2