New Mexico Bowl is the best C-USA option!

ipd054

There is a segment on here to bitch and moan no matter what the subject.  

None of us know how bowl games participants are chosen other than the main player in the minor bowls is ESPN.  ESPN is all about viewership not attendance.   My guess is ESPN contributes to the Bowl payout, but makes no more money if it is a sellout or an empty stadium.  

NT probably got the best match possible judged by quality of opponent.  New Mexico is not a destination location but not that far either. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

They are 23 in the Coaches Poll. They are not ranked in the AP or CFP which include multiple four loss teams (and a five loss team in the CFP) over USU. A little bit obvious bias there, wouldn’t you say? 

46 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Are they ranked #23 or #25?  

3 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Bump, because this original post is 🔥.

It was a good post. To point out again, Utah State will not be a ranked team during the games broadcast. ESPN places a ranking beside a teams name via the CFB playoff ranking. So unless the casual fan is a poll Nazi, which I highly doubt, not many people will know they are 23rd in the coaches poll. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It was a good post. To point out again, Utah State will not be a ranked team during the games broadcast. ESPN places a ranking beside a teams name via the CFB playoff ranking. So unless the casual fan is a poll Nazi, which I highly doubt, not many people will know they are 23rd in the coaches poll. 

The announcers will mention that USU was ranked there, though, so it's not like someone who causally watches the game won't hear about it. Watchers will know, CFB junkies will know, and school fans will know. And hey, that's about the most attention UNT gets these days.

Edited by Jason Howeth

2 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

The announcers will mention that USU was ranked there, though, so it's not like someone who causally watches the game won't hear about it. Watchers will know, CFB junkies will know, and school fans will know. And hey, that's about the most attention UNT gets these days.

Yeah...I guess. But it's spinning reality a bit. If they beat us they will definitely end up in both coaches and AP. Maybe we can blast them and take their spot. 

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah...I guess. But it's spinning reality a bit. If they beat us they will definitely end up in both coaches and AP. Maybe we can blast them and take their spot. 

We won't take their spot, but I imagine some votes a win over Later Tech might have us in there right now.