Jeff Wilson and the 49ers 12/9 UPDATED

peanuts104

12/9

Wanted to get this going before I went to bed for you early risers out there.  With Breida out, Jeff is STARTING for the 49ers tomorrow against the Bronocs (and Courtland Sutton).  Alfred Morris and Matt Dayes are backing him up.

Game is on CBS tomorrow at 3:05. Just checked my CBS and it looks like the game won't be aired on mine in DFW, which sucks (I despise how the NFL broadcasts their games), so if you want to watch it, find a buddy with that NFL ticket thing or someone that gets the game or a bar.  

There are some concerns I do have.  Just before the half last week, Jeff hurt his foot.  Being a starting back in the NFL is physically tough, especially the way he runs.  Just keep his health in your thoughts/prayers/etc tomorrow (and for the rest of the regular season it looks like).  He literally pushed around a REALLY tough Seattle defense last weekend.  The Broncos defense with Von Miller is no joke.  I can't wait to see Jeff in action.  Whatever happens, I hope he knows how proud we are of him and how well he has represented the University of North Texas, and I hope he gets to continue living the dream.

---------------------

12/2

Matt Brieda aggrivated his ankle injury and was limited in practice all week and during the game.  Jeff's stats are pictured below.  He went out just before the half with a leg injury but he must've come back after.  I couldn't watch the second half.  His stats are below.  He had one fumble.

Screenshot_20181203-084040.png.16cf3e452b14ac85c8ce0b3cededae60.png

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2

18 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Wilson shows up a lot in the highlights. The fumble in the red zone was bad but otherwise looks like he's earned more opportunities. 

It was really a non-fumble DBC but video angles were too bad to overturn. Shannahan even commented that he though JW was down. Was a great game for him overall and definitely makes a case for him staying on the active roster next year.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenBuzz said:

It was really a non-fumble DBC but video angles were too bad to overturn. Shannahan even commented that he though JW was down. Was a great game for him overall and definitely makes a case for him staying on the active roster next year.

After his injury scare though I'm worried about his durability.  He's going to give it his all on every play though.  I'm not sure he has the durability to be a primary back, but I think he's demonstrated already that he can be a great change of pace or 3DB.

26 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Smu is smut

Southern miss is southern meth

This is thread worthy 

So Southern METHodist is not Southern Meth but Southern MISSissippi is Southern Meth? I guess some things go right over my head.

Abd SMUg makes more sense than SMUt 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1