Memories from the last time UNT faced Utah State

UNT 90 Grad

If you don’t know because your new...or have simply forgotten it by now of the frustration fans had with The Buick just consider this:

In this game...North Texas defense got  6 turnovers, Jamario Thomas ran for 250 yards, our defense scored a touchdown and we still only won by 8 points...31-23.  

And T.J. Covington. Had forgotten that guy.  Wonder what he’s doing now?

Rick

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

If you don’t know because your new...or have simply forgotten it by now of the frustration fans had with The Buick just consider this:

In this game...North Texas defense got  6 turnovers, Jamario Thomas ran for 250 yards, our defense scored a touchdown and we still only won by 8 points...31-23.  

Rick

maddening...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Markeith was a gamer (as were his teammates!  Great find with this video.  Never knew it existed.

BEAT UTAH STATE!

One of my all time favorites.

Has to be of the most underrated players to ever come through here...

Edited by TheColonyEagle

14 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

maddening...

It is and you know I hadn’t thought about it till I showed my son who just finished his senior football season, and I asked if he remembered Jamario Thomas?  And his response after seeing that video was...”Wow, that’s a lot of turnovers...we must have killed them?”  And when I told him the score he said “Your kidding me?”

So yeah....maddening indeed.

Rick

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Jamario was a beast.  Hate that they tried to put weight on him and hks hamstrings couldn't handle it.  Some unbelievable runs on that video.  I don't think we have ever had a better runningback than freshman Jamario.

Is that a safe statement, that the hamstring injuries are directly related to the weight gain?

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Is that a safe statement, that the hamstring injuries are directly related to the weight gain?

He had hamstring issues in high school.  And at the end of that season in a blowout against Idaho they left him in to get over 300 yards late in the game and he pulled up after a run and seemed to be in a lot of pain.  He was never the same after that game.  But....the next year the extra weight certainly slowed him down.  It might have helped him extend his career in dealing with the hamstring injuries but he was never as fast.

Rick

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Markeith was a gamer (as were his teammates!  Great find with this video.  Never knew it existed.

BEAT UTAH STATE!

It’s from this DVD, which could be yours for < $8:  

North Texas Mean Green 2004 Football https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003DIAYPW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KpkbCb2N8R8EW

• Upvote 1

We own 3 acres on Bear Lake, about an hour from Logan. I love this community's support for its team and keep an eye on them most Saturdays. I would think ABQ is pretty happy they got a top 25 team in it's bowl. This will be a very good win for us WIN we WHEN.

This was one of my favorite North Texas games ever, from 1997 played in that "paradise" of a venue that is about to become a parking lot:

https://meangreensports.com/news/2016/7/18/Five_For_Five_Mills_Leads_NT_To_32_Points_In_Fourth.aspx?path=general

GMG

• Lovely Take 1

Speaking of Utah State, you need to go over to their website and browse their football player Roster.  Let's just say the players are not your old Sun Belt size players.  These guys are big!  Several DBs of the 6ft or taller, 200+ pound variety.  And the linemen and linebackers are huge too.  If any of these guys can match our speed it could be a long day for the Mean Green.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1