What USU Fans Are Saying about UNT and NM Bowl

DeepGreen

Just now, RiseUNT said:

In mwc New Mexico Bowl is nearest to us.

Regional? Why is San Diego playing in Frisco?

Yes, regional. The reason you asked me if I knew where all the MWC bowl games are at because regionally, they are in the Mountain West part of the country. That is why you asked, right? SDSU coming here, along with Boise, are anomalies and as far as tie-ins are concerned should not have happened. But they did, Whatever. 

• Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yes, regional. The reason you asked me if I knew where all the MWC bowl games are at because regionally, they are in the Mountain West part of the country. That is why you asked, right? SDSU coming here, along with Boise, are anomalies and as far as tie-ins are concerned should not have happened. But they did, Whatever. 

Oh got ya.

My point is no to MWC unless they make an East division which makes joining pointless.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Harry said:

This one cracked me up:

USU78 wrote: Do they have their own towel budget these days?

Ah yes...the day we made national news..don't forget about the VCR as well....not one of Matt Simon's better days at UNT.

Police: UNT Players Return Nearly $1,400 In Motel Property After Complaint

https://apnews.com/199f09e90d1aa0a014612771040f4d31

DENTON, Texas (AP) _ University of North Texas football players unloaded nearly $1,400 worth of motel property from team buses only minutes after they lost at Utah State last Saturday, police said.

Police in Logan, Utah, supervised as UNT buses were unpacked and stolen towels, bathmats, blankets, pillows and one videocassette recorder were piled into the parking lot of the Best Western Baugh Motel.

``They did an inventory at the motel and they found all these things missing,″ Logan police Lt. Randy Auman told The North Texas Daily, UNT’s student newspaper.

Motel manager Elizabeth Maughan said she called North Texas athletic director Craig Helwig at Utah State’s Romney Stadium during the game to report the missing property.

School officials agreed to return to the motel after UNT’s 21-13 loss in the Big West Conference game.

Twenty-four bath towels, six pillows and the VCR were among the items recovered. Other items missing but not recovered were 24 hand towels, 20 wash cloths, a wool blanket and a thermal blanket, Maughan said.

The missing items, in total, were valued at $1,400, she said.

Auman said no charges would be filed against the players.

``We had a problem at the hotel and everything was taken care of,″ Helwig said in a statement released by the school Monday. Helwig was in California for the Big West basketball media day and unavailable for further comment.

Sean Johnson, an athletic department spokesman, said he didn’t know what, if any, disciplinary action was being taken against players.

Head coach Matt Simon released a statement through Johnson, saying only: ``The matter is being handled internally.″

University president Al Hurley said that was fine with him.

``I have very, very strong confidence in coach Simon,″ Hurley said. ``I think the coach is fundamentally responsible for the discipline of the football team.″

Maughan said Simon had agreed to accept a bill for any items not returned to the motel.

``There’s no towels like ours in the world,″ she said. ``They are expensive for us to make with the motel insignia. If I would have let them leave Logan, they would have made me look like I was lying or something, so I had to pull the buses over.″

``All I wanted was my stuff back.

Edited by Talon90
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900044804/usu-football-utah-state-will-play-north-texas-in-2018-new-mexico-bowl.html

Utah State has already set school records this season with its 72 touchdowns and 566 points scored, bettering the previous marks of 60 touchdowns in 2011 and 454 points scored in 2012. The Mountain West record for points scored in a season is 608 by BYU in 2001.

• Upvote 1