C-USA Bowl Match ups...

NorthTexasWeLove

28 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

SO no one is getting 1st responders?

Yeah, huh? I thought this was a conference tie-in? Or use to be? Or is an alternate bowl game? What gives? 

So, Boise in the only team announced right now? Is this even a MWC bowl tie-in???!!

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove

Southern Miss is only other C-USA bowl eligible team without an official destination last time I checked. Lot of explaining to do if they head to Cotton Bowl.

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah, huh? I thought this was a conference tie-in? Or use to be? Or is an alternate bowl game? What gives? 

27 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

SO no one is getting 1st responders?

• Lovely Take 1

Maybe the P-5 and the NCAA are doing the scheduling to have poor attendance at the little guy bowls so they can get more money for a TV.

Why would anyone want maybe half empty stadiums on TV?  Maybe they do the playoffs team and NYD games and let their interns set the rest of the bowls.  

I sure Utah State is not excited to play us.  I hope we are excited to play them because if the bad UNT shows up we could be in for an ass whopping again.

Look at the bright side we will be better known in the rich field of recruits in New Mexico.

Edited by southsideguy

The bowls are always in a push-pull situation with the city and with ESPN.  First Responders would like to sell tickets and make Dallas and ESPN happy.  Dallas does not really want UNT because it does not bring in outside revenue.  ESPN could care less about attendance if it undermines viewership.  The P5’s desperately don’t want to be matched up with a G5 if it can be avoided.  What does all this mean?  Not one CUSA team appears to be a interesting bowl game.  Further there are very few G5 teams that are all that happy with their bowl situation.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah...How did this happen? Why didn't UNT demand that bowl when it was sitting over there looking all pretty and lonely? I don't get it. 

maybe they didnt want us?  They almost lost that bowl this year due to the city of Dallas not wanting to participate anymore.  Maybe the lack of travel $$$'s that come with having UNT in the game offsets the ticket sale that does.  

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

maybe they didnt want us?  They almost lost that bowl this year due to the city of Dallas not wanting to participate anymore.  Maybe the lack of travel $$$'s that come with having UNT in the game offsets the ticket sale that does.  

Sure, they may not have wanted us. But if the bowl game is a CUSA tie in and there is no CUSA team who cares what they want. It's called getting nosed up and told to sit down.