• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
FirefightnRick

Bus Charter There And Back To N.M. Would You Attend?

37 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

The NM Bowl is only about 50 miles further from DFW than the New Orleans Bowl.  

Interesting.

GMG!

I flew to NOLA last year...as I recall, there were plenty of options and fares were reasonable.  That's not the case this time...9 hours is too long for me to drive.  I may be watching in Fairview instead...  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NTFan11 said:

Anything new with this?

UNT Athletics responded to a tweet I sent them saying that they would have something put together soon. This was on Sunday. So who knows.

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2018 at 3:03 PM, Philip Ferguson said:

I just checked Southwest - almost $900 round trip for 2.  I may have to skip this game DAMMIT!!!

My wife and I wanted to go, but flights (only) from Corpus Christi were going to be $1300 to $2000.  We decided it's a no-go... not spending $1300 + hotel + car rental + food/dining + game tickets...  Minimum estimated trip cost is $2000 (assuming lowest flight cost) for a 2-day trip. Can afford it, but don't want too. Can't blame UNT or anyone else... they don't have control of flight costs... damn airlines..

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14

• 5 a.m. — Charter bus leaves UNT 

• 5 p.m. — Charter bus arrives at the Marriott Albuquerque hotel

With the 1 hour gained when crossing into the Mountain time zone, that's 13 hours.  According to Google maps, from UNT to the Albuquerque Marriott:

via US-287 N and I-40 W
604 miles
typically 8 h 20 min - 9 h 50 min
Arrive around 1:50 PM

Why the 3 hour difference?

Will the cheerleaders be traveling with the alumni?  If so, you may want to start out earlier so you can swing by Applebee's and not almost miss kickoff. 

If I wasn't driving from the panhandle, I'd take the alumni bus. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Will the cheerleaders be traveling with the alumni?  If so, you may want to start out earlier so you can swing by Applebee's and not almost miss kickoff. 

If I wasn't driving from the panhandle, I'd take the alumni bus. 

So many people won’t get this reference...but @FirefightnRick and I certainly do

• Upvote 2