DRC: Source confirms -- UNT headed to New Mexico Bowl

Brett Vito

56 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I'll go, but I can easily afford to. There are tons of people who can't, not going to crap on them when air fare is going to be incredible with such a short turn around.

I can see NO not wanting us again after a subpar showing last year, but if another CUSA team is in the first responder bowl I am going to be very angry with our leadership and I'll want justifications.

This^^^ 

id even be upset if someone gets Indy from CUSA vs P5. We should have gone to Indy last year and not USM vs FSU. I would have been ok if FAU made Indy last year. 

• Lovely Take 1

Mean green mimick: Yes sir, I knew it was coming. I knew someone  was going to question the intelligence of the UNT fateful fan! Way to go sir. This is where I take the really high road and not say anything else whatsoever.

I don't have one problem with the record and competency is a football team of Utah State. Having said that again it's time for me to say nothing more, about mean green mimick's post

Edited by UNTMike81
Sp
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

I can’t see how anyone that follows football even casually doesn’t know Utah State will be the best team we have ever played in a bowl game.  

Stuents dont worry me, it’s the so called dedicated and knowledgeable fans on this forum.  We wanted a better opponent , now we got it.    But now. We don’t want that, we only want a convenient location.  

That’s correct.  Don’t forget perfect weather.  It’s also gotta be perfect weather to attend.

Rick

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

$400? Seems like a hopeful estimate. Not much of a spin job, Wren.

This easily turns into a $1200-$1500 trip for two people. 

Airfare $400 ea

2 night hotel $300

rental car for 3 days $150

parking $20-$50

food $150 each

tickets $50 each.

imagine having to take 4 or more people. Too expensive for not a prestigious bowl game.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

There isn't a flight for $400. Does WB have super secret person booking his flight for him? 

Personally, I am seeing 0 direct flights. The cheapest is a two stop flight for $580. A 1 stop flight will run you around $630. 

I’ll strap you to the top of my Tahoe for $100 round trip. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, greeneagle1 said:

Airfare $400 ea

2 night hotel $300

parking $20-$50

food $150 each

tickets $50 each.

imagine having to take 4 or more people. Too expensive for not a prestigious bowl game.

I expect to see quite a few club/suite faces, but I don't know how many other fans make it.

1 minute ago, greeneagle1 said:

Airfare $400 ea

2 night hotel $300

parking $20-$50

food $150 each

tickets $50 each.

I would say $1200 is being frugal for two people.