DRC: Source confirms -- UNT headed to New Mexico Bowl

Brett Vito

This makes perfect sense.  

If you are a coach about to walk out the door and need to get busy recruiting for your next employer, but want to coach your current team one more time, which bowl do you try to get into...the first one of the season.  

Also, it gives the current North Texas recruiting commits time to follow you to the next place.  

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This makes perfect sense.  

If you are a coach about to walk out the door and need to get busy recruiting for your next employer, but want to coach your current team one more time, which bowl do you try to get into...the first one of the season.  

Also, it gives the current North Texas recruiting commits time to follow you to the next place.  

WB shouldn't listen or do anything requested of this current coaching staff if he has sniffed a wind of them dipping out. Why would he? He kind of puts knee pads on for him for basically anything and everything down to changing the schedule and forcing us to go 1 and 1 with Liberty. Eff that. This staff, if these rumors are true, should not have had any say in this bowl. 

• Downvote 6

I was hoping to use SWA points and go there and back same day like I did for NO Bowl last year, but I don't think that will be possible.  I guess I can now experience watching NT in a bowl game on TV for a change.  As a 12-year season ticket holder, I hate that, but I just can't make it work to go and stay within budget.  Bummer.

• Upvote 2

Just now, meangreanmick said:

Utah State was 10-2 and ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season, if you our students haven’t heard of them then they don’t watch any football at all.

I am not knocking on Utah State or their accomplishments at all. Just like Troy, if we lose to USU it's because they're a great football team. But I still think a lot of students, who probably can't name more than three teams in the MWC (if that many), look at the score/opponent and think: WTF