DRC: Source confirms -- UNT headed to New Mexico Bowl

Brett Vito

I'll go, but I can easily afford to. There are tons of people who can't, not going to crap on them when air fare is going to be incredible with such a short turn around.

I can see NO not wanting us again after a subpar showing last year, but if another CUSA team is in the first responder bowl I am going to be very angry with our leadership and I'll want justifications.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Garbage bowl. Garbage location (NM is probably nice but travel to/from on a short turn around isn't going to work out well for us). Good opponent but with zero brand recognition. 

I have a hard time believing that the players will by hyped up for this one. See North Texas @ Troy in the NOLA bowl last year.

Edited by meangreenlax
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Utah State (10-2, 7-1 in Mountain West)

The Aggies had an amazing year and were a serious New Year’s Six bowl option until they lost on the last day of the regular season to Boise State. That also kept them out of the Mountain West title game, but it shouldn’t distract from them being a quality team. They’re safely in the top 25 in both in human polls and S&P+, with a good offense and a solid defense to back it. Jordan Love, with his 28:5 touchdowns-to-interceptions ratio, is one of the country’s best under-discussed players.They lost head coach Matt Wells to Texas Tech after the regular season, but his players are still here and still good.

read more:  https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/2/17563248/new-mexico-bowl-2018-north-texas-vs-utah-state-where-when-and-team-info