Indiana State (12/5/18)

CMJ

Just now, TIgreen01 said:

We've got other big men... Why not play them?  We went totally small and nearly blew it.

Also... The big Russian hardly plays.  Thought he was supposed to be a gamer.  What's going on?

Arikawae was out there at the end. 

Tikho is raw and not ready. He plays a stretch 4, but the only role for him on this team is as a 5. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TIgreen01 said:

We've got other big men... Why not play them?  We went totally small and nearly blew it.

Also... The big Russian hardly plays.  Thought he was supposed to be a gamer.  What's going on?

If I had to guess it was probably because the game wasn't really out of range the way Indiana shoots 3's and he wanted to go with someone that was already in the feel of the game.

• Upvote 1

Good win but this game should not have been that close at the end.   BS call on the intentional foul, but NT sure needs to develop another big.  I guess Simmons is out the first half of the next game.  

Woolridge is the real deal, he makes it look so effortless.  I guess Smart is not ready for real big minutes.  Draper is a great defensive player at 5'10.

10 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Good win but this game should not have been that close at the end.   BS call on the intentional foul, but NT sure needs to develop another big.  I guess Simmons is out the first half of the next game.  

Woolridge is the real deal, he makes it look so effortless.  I guess Smart is not ready for real big minutes.  Draper is a great defensive player at 5'10.

Why would he be out the first half of the next game? Yes, he was assessed a flagrant 2 but that doesn't carry over to the next game.

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Is there enough interest in in-game chat to try and facilitate this elsewhere, since gmg.com doesn't seem inclined to bring it back?

I had to use this free program called Slack once.  Would something like that be a good or bad idea?

I would be good with that. We had a Slack channel for a while, but not sure if people still use it.

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Is there enough interest in in-game chat to try and facilitate this elsewhere, since gmg.com doesn't seem inclined to bring it back?

I had to use this free program called Slack once.  Would something like that be a good or bad idea?

I love Slack and use it for work. You can create different channels for different topics.

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

I think the refs actually called targeting. God, they were bad.

I actually felt like I was watching one of our Sunbelt refereed games from yesteryear. Very questionable calls and the Simmons one was total crap. Anyone know what conference those refs were from? 

42 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Since I didn't see the score listed

80-69  Final 

No one even lit the tower. You can have the honor. This 9-1 basketball team is special and something to look forward to regardless of what happens in football over the coming weeks. 

Light that tower CMJ! 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2