DRC: Littrell's departure for Kansas State far from certain, those close to UNT program say

Brett Vito

He may not take the KSU job because he knows there will be a better gig later if he’s only patient now.  

He also knows he’s the only coach North Texas has had with a university’s divine trinity of 1) the President, (2) BOR’s &   (3) the AD all simultaneously functioning in a most positive way with the  added bonus of having recently developed major donors the last 10 or so years fully supporting him. All of that may cause him to stay in Denton.  

🙄Minutes ago GMG.com had almost 500 visiting guests. Wonder if they are all personal friends of Dorothy & Todo?🌪

E1790322-4BD9-4450-B8D6-7F12A7297DF2.jpeg.a5aa9771aacf85d99dde414cf17988a7.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

51 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

He may not take the KSU job because he knows there will be a better gig later if he’s only patient now.  

He also knows he’s the only coach North Texas has had with a university’s divine trinity of 1) the President, (2) BOR’s &   (3) the AD all simultaneously functioning in a most positive way with the  added bonus of having recently developed major donors the last 10 or so years fully supporting him. All of that may cause him to stay in Denton.  

🙄Minutes ago GMG.com had almost 500 visiting guests. Wonder if they are all personal friends of Dorothy & Todo?🌪

E1790322-4BD9-4450-B8D6-7F12A7297DF2.jpeg.a5aa9771aacf85d99dde414cf17988a7.jpeg

That picture says it all. 

KSU can go pound sand!!

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

If he did not want the job he would have said something by now.   I think things are in the works for KSU. I hope we can keep the recruits here and other players. Seth buyout is about $3 million?  Sad that is chump change to the P-5 group.  KSU does not turn over coaches so it may be a career move for him. He will be the next Bill Synder in 35 years.  Good luck to him and the next topic who is up next for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, southsideguy said:

If he did not want the job he would have said something by now.   I think things are in the works for KSU. I hope we can keep the recruits here and other players. Seth buyout is about $3 million?  Sad that is chump change to the P-5 group.  KSU does not turn over coaches so it may be a career move for him. He will be the next Bill Synder in 35 years.  Good luck to him and the next topic who is up next for us.

i tend to agree that i think there is something in the works, but i also can't blame Seth for not saying anything since the job is technically not open.  

• Lovely Take 1

For years we’ve wished and wished for a coach that did so well that he was/is eventually hired away from us.....rather than us having to can him and struggle to buy out the rest of his contract.  

Well........we’re here now.  We have arrived.  This is EXACTLY what we want and I couldn’t be happier for North Texas and Coach Littrell.  I want him to move up.  I want him to take his next team to the play offs.  I want to see him beat Alabama or Clemson in a National Championship someday....as we ALL should want for him because it directly reflects the most positively on North Texas.  

Then hopefully the saying will become:  “Want to become the next Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher....Seth Littrell?  Then coach your ass off and become the next coach at North Texas and you just might get your chance someday.”

Rick

• Upvote 1