Will Seth take the K-State gig if offered?

Harry

Will Seth take the K-State gig if offered?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Will Seth take the K-State gig?

• Yes he will take it - It's a p5 and those don't grow on trees
    • No he will not take it - he has a good thing here and will wait for the right job to open

3 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

PLEASE fix this so I CAN SEE

Please get a Twitter account...even if you don't use it beyond stuff like this.  Essentially the QB at Kansas State is following our coaches now.  Their fans are following them in large numbers and ARE NOT following the other candidates (that I have seen anyway).

image.png

2 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Naw, no twitter for me. I burn so much time on this I would never get anything done if I had that in addition to GMG and Facebook. @All About UNT

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Like one of those people in the late 90's that always wanted to borrow someone's phone.  Or a smoker who doesn't buy their own smokes lol.

I really don't know. It's a P5, but they won't sniff a title shot. TCU had to be perfect to sniff the playoff. He will have better options in a few years if he waits. He would be better off showing the nation what he can build us into rather than starting over with a red headed stepchild of them P5. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The optimist in me thinks Seth wants to just stay in Denton until OU comes calling.  He gets taken care of, given priority, and can build things the right way until his dream gig calls.

Having said that, I also know that if OU really wants him they will grab him out of whatever gig he is currently in - including Manhattan.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Please get a Twitter account...even if you don't use it beyond stuff like this.  Essentially the QB at Kansas State is following our coaches now.  Their fans are following them in large numbers and ARE NOT following the other candidates (that I have seen anyway).

image.png

Maybe they want to transfer here.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, All About UNT said:

image.png

So Bill Snyder isn’t gone yet, but they leaked to their QB who they will replace him with?  

Sure, makes perfect sense.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 1

If I’m KState I want someone young and vibrant and who can recruit Texas and can run an offense that can score.  And if I’m Seth I want a job close to home (probably big xii) and when Seth was in school KState was the class of college football which only matters bc that wasn’t that long ago.  The landscape has changed a lot the last few yrs but KState has been one of the most consistent programs of the last 20 yrs.  They have a solid fan base and there’s no reason Riley would leave Norman soon (this Browns stuff just doesn’t seem like it makes sense).  Sure, Seth could see this all through in Denton but he’s got to strike while the iron is hot and as we all know, at North Texas that sadly isn’t a guarantee to last too long.  Maybe I’m preparing my heart, Idk, but this seems like the fit that is going to happen.  I’ll be sad but I’ll be proud of him and grateful to him for the last 3 yrs if this happens. 

If he is truly offered the job then yes I don't see how he would turn it down.  It's perfectly fine to do that...he'll probably get 2.5x more than what he makes here in Denton and he's coaching a P5 school that we know can be very good and elite in football.  

The most important person to our athletics program is Wren Baker.  Successful coaches particularly in FB & BB will leave here because we'll likely never be able to match their pay so it is up to Wren Baker continuously making the right hires so take care of him as he's the most important of the bunch IMO.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

To me it just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense for Littrell to go to Kstate, but obviously I’m biased. Big 12 teams seem to be making splash hires now with Les Miles going Kansas, so even the bottom feeders of the conference could become a lot more competitive and appealing.

He obviously has shown the ability to turn weak programs around already so wouldn’t be surprised if he thinks kstate could be the next stepping stone.

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

So Bill Snyder isn’t gone yet, but they leaked to their QB who they will replace him with?  

Sure, makes perfect sense.

The formalities of retirement haven’t been made public, and this guy is literally following no one else.

it’s worth noting, either because something has been said non-publicly, or this guy has a coaching crush that just happens to be zeroed in on the Mean Green

We will never know!

I think SL will take this job.

But I think it will be a mistake. You never want to be the coach that replaces the legend, you want to be the guy who replaces the guy who followed the legend.

If I were him, I would take my chances with Mason Fine and his talented group that they have recruited and make one last run in 2019. The schedule next year is much tougher, no doubt. But a senior QB in Fine and another year of much better talent on this team should help.

Jobs better than K-State will be available next year if he wins another 8+ games, especially if they beat Cal or UH.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, All About UNT said:

image.png

Aren’t they preparing for bowl game? Oohhhps!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I think SL will take this job.

But I think it will be a mistake. You never want to be the coach that replaces the legend, you want to be the guy who replaces the guy who followed the legend.

If I were him, I would take my chances with Mason Fine and his talented group that they have recruited and make one last run in 2019. The schedule next year is much tougher, no doubt. But a senior QB in Fine and another year of much better talent on this team should help.

Jobs better than K-State will be available next year if he wins another 8+ games, especially if they beat Cal or UH.

Everything you say is spot on, except...I don't think he takes it for the same reasons you mentioned.