Ashton Preston transferring

97and03

37 minutes ago, meangreen08 said:

that's a pretty big thing to say. Art Briles? really? and i'm classless for questioning someones ability on the field?
If you ever want to have a respectable and cordial conversation, come see me in section 102 front row next year. Just yell "Jeremy". 
and i do mean respectable. no ill feelings here.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, meangreen08 said:

that's a pretty big thing to say. Art Briles? really? and i'm classless for questioning someones ability on the field?
If you ever want to have a respectable and cordial conversation, come see me in section 102 front row next year. Just yell "Jeremy". 
and i do mean respectable. no ill feelings here.

I'm just equating him to being a great football coach. Shitty person, but good coach.

Preston may not be a great player(not questioning that) but he's a good person.

I'm saying I'd take 100 Ashton Prestons on my team over a single Shawn Oakman, Tevin Elliott, or Sam Ukwuachu. Wouldn't you agree?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

All you can ask of a player is that he works hard, listens to his coaches, takes care of his school work, and is a good teammate.

AP did all of that.  No need to ever bad mouth him.  

I hope he finds a lot of success at his new home.  

Not to mention he is a student leader on campus outside of athletics. 

• Ray 1

1 hour ago, meangreen08 said:

I get all of that.

so we cannot question his ability on the field? 

It is how you say it.  Preston, as many have noted, has been a great teammate, student, student leader and has been active in the community.  The young man lost his starting job and never caused a problem which shows a lot of maturity.  He could have been selfish and sulked all year, but if you watched you would realize he was always trying to keep his teammates up and motivated.  I have a lot of respect for the young man and wish him nothing but the best.  I will follow him next year.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, meangreen08 said:

I get all of that.

so we cannot question his ability on the field? 

In some cases, like this, it's not that you can't, the question is should you? In this case no. This young man has done nothing to disparage the University. Things do not always work out and why not take one last shot and playing

I’ll be honest, I just don’t see the purpose of bringing up this kid’s (in)ability to play football in this particular thread.  He has decided to leave, so therefore his play is no longer relevant to our team.  

Knocking him AFTER he has announced he is leaving is like saying “I’m glad you won’t be living in my house!” after your wife files for divorce.  

E23969B6-6088-4BAD-8ED7-08F6AF3976C5.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Good luck Ashton and thank you for being part of the MG family.  You have earned your degree and no doubt you will be successful in life.   To watch on the BYG episodes makes me proud you were part of the program.  Your parents should be proud of you.   Good luck where ever you end up and I hope you have great success in your future.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Good luck Ashton and thank you for being part of the MG family.  You have earned your degree and no doubt you will be successful in life.   To watch on the BYG episodes makes me proud you were part of the program.  Your parents should be proud of you.   Good luck where ever you end up and I hope you have great success in your future.

Well said, sir.  You make a great point about his parents being proud of him.  I wish they could see this thread so that they could see the impact their son had on people and what a great ambassador he was for the team/university