New Head Coaches Hired

TheReal_jayD

20 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Kingsbury named USC OC. 

http://www.kvue.com/sports/report-trojans-to-name-former-texas-tech-head-coach-kliff-kingsbury-new-offensive-coordinator/618798342

( Sent from KVUE NEWS )

Edited by Jason Howeth
Story was Changed
  • Confused 4
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

New OC, not head coach.

I have heard that Ken Whisenhunt is a front runner for Georgia Tech, Kingsbury would be heading to USC as their OC and that many were criticizing North Carolina for not going after Satterfield.

• Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's losing his 24/25-year old Seniors.   

34 total, including the huge DE Garcia-Williams, the huge WR Ubosi, QB Erdley, and All-conference OL Davis.

Spencer Brown returns, but that's about it.

How does he have 24/25 year old seniors? Did he actually? I thought a lot of them were fifth year seniors who are 22 and 23.

An up to the minute spreadsheet tracker. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FIw-33GnBAR58XH0AdYEzkbPv6xol3BVN5TE695n6WQ/edit#gid=0
Kansas State is seriously concerning me. We just have a weird, complicated, intertwined history with them, and I'm legit superstitious about such connections.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

How does he have 24/25 year old seniors? Did he actually? I thought a lot of them were fifth year seniors who are 22 and 23.

The 2 year hiatus stopped the eligibility clock for those who transferred in.  It restarted last year.  It was the only way they could rebuild their roster so quickly.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He's losing his 24/25-year old Seniors.   

34 total, including the huge DE Garcia-Williams, the huge WR Ubosi, QB Erdley, and All-conference OL Davis.

Spencer Brown returns, but that's about it.

Part of me wonders if his resume is an illusion: he had an army of men in their mid-20s winning for him. Wouldn’t a reasonable AD a want to know what he does with regular college kids?

1 minute ago, VideoEagle said:

His agent is the moron. Say yes or no but not "only till I get a better offer" even if that's what you are thinking. Now, who wants a moron represented by a bigger moron? 

Exactly.    Appreciate the honesty, pal... but see you later.

That's why you get answers from a smart guy like, "I love it here.",  "Wren and Neil are very supportive.", Etc....

Doesn't mean he's not looking for better opportunities, just more diplomatic about doing so.

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2018 at 9:51 AM, TheReal_jayD said:

Kansas = Les Miles

UNC = Mack Brown

Western Kentucky = Tyson Helton

Texas State = Jake Spavital

Charlotte = TBD

Texas Tech = Matt Wells

North Carolina = Mack Brown

I will update when they come across.

You've got UNC/North Carolina listed twice. #JustSayin

15 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The 2 year hiatus stopped the eligibility clock for those who transferred in.  It restarted last year.  It was the only way they could rebuild their roster so quickly.

So they would be 5th or 6th year seniors. Which still are only 22-24 year olds. Semantics I guess, as I just got hung up on the 25-year old figure that I have seen thrown out a lot. Either way it’s a big roster overhaul coming.

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

So they would be 5th or 6th year seniors. Which still are only 22-24 year olds. Semantics I guess, as I just got hung up on the 25-year old figure that I have seen thrown out a lot. Either way it’s a big roster overhaul coming.

Semantics, I agree, but hypothetically:

5 yrs to play 4:
Year 1: 18yr old - Redshirt  
Year 2: 19yr old - Redshirt Freshman
Year 3: 20yr old - Redshirt Soph
Year 4: 21yr old - transfer to UAB in 2015  clock stops
Year 5: 22yr old - clock still stopped.
Year 6: 23yr old - Redshirt Junior
Year 7: 24yr old - Redshirt Senior  ...and if they happen to have a fall birthday... 25yr old!

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Semantics, I agree, but hypothetically:

5 yrs to play 4:
Year 1: 18yr old - Redshirt  
Year 2: 19yr old - Redshirt Freshman
Year 3: 20yr old - Redshirt Soph
Year 4: 21yr old - transfer to UAB in 2015  clock stops
Year 5: 22yr old - clock still stopped.
Year 6: 23yr old - Redshirt Junior
Year 7: 24yr old - Redshirt Senior  ...and if they happen to have a fall birthday... 25yr old!

But wouldn’t they have transferred to UAB in 2016 since the program was shut down in 2015? 

9 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

But wouldn’t they have transferred to UAB in 2016 since the program was shut down in 2015? 

NCAA told UAB they could revive the program in June 2015.   Any of the plays who signed with the 2014 class and stayed got to pause their clocks.   

• Clark has no class size limitation
  • Clark had no academic limitation, because the NCAA paused the APR clock.  He was able to bring in 30-40 JUCOs and not get hurt by any of them failing out. 
  • UAB started a special admission program to let students in who didn't meet their normal academic standards.  2% of the general incoming freshman are admitted under that program, 67% of the UAB players were admitted under that rule.