Ekeler Out at UNC

TheReal_jayD

4 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Mack Brown made his first round of cuts today. And former UNT Co-DC Mike Ekeler was one of the first to go. Hate that for Eke always like his passion.

All the speculation about Littrell, and I forgot about the rest of our staff until this popped up...

Anyone concerned about guys like Koonz, Mainord, Biagi?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Mainord goes wherever Seth goes imo

You have to assume that every college assistant wants to be a P5 HC some day.  Mainord's still a few rungs away from that, so I have to think if he's offered as a P5 OC or a G5 HC (not really likely, but still), he's gone.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, meangreendork said:

Oh man, I really liked Coach Ekeler. I'm sure he'll be able to land another gig someplace else, but still.

Hate to see people get fired, but it is the nature of that business.  Wonder if he's still living in that Winnebago?

Image result for winnebago meme

Edited by UNTLifer

Don't want him.  He didn't want to be here, so I don't want him back.  He can get a job at Camping World for all I care.  Any coach that lives in a Winnebago during his season here tells me he is just passing through and not committed to the program.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 6

21 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Don't want him.  He didn't want to be here, so I don't want him back.  He can get a job at Camping World for all I care.  Any coach that lives in a Winnebago during his season here tells me he is just passing through and not committed to the program.

you know some people actually appreciate the minimalism the van/rv life provides and that it may not be an indicator of commitment. 

• Upvote 2