DMN: Les Miles Involved in UTA Football Planning Meetings

Talon90

This is about 20 years too late for them. I guess if by some miracle they did get it going I don’t think they would have the facilities to be FBS. There are just too many FBS teams as it is right now. I just don’t see them breaking through. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

UTA has always seemed more like the E-Sports type of school. They have tough competition with UTD though

UNT was actually the first public university in Texas to sponsor intercollegiate varsity ESports teams, and they've already been winning big.

https://recsports.unt.edu/esports

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 11/28/2018 at 11:09 AM, UNTLifer said:

Sorry, ESports are not sports.

Not to you and I, but we're old. This IS going to be a huge thing in coming years. I heard a talk on esports at a networking breakfast a couple of months ago. The esports SuperBowl last year had several times the total viewers as the NFL' SuperBowl. The NBA is starting their now esports league and the current audience for NBA games on TV is getting old - averaging over 50 - as people in their 20s just don't watch it much and in steadily decreasing numbers. Here's a link to the NBA story. 

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/nba-create-professional-esports-league-makers-nba-2k-huge-money-maker/

Here's an article from Goldman Sachs on how esports in a major growth investment in years to come because 20 something and younger prefer it to "real" sports in steadily increasing numbers. At the breakfast, the speaker talked about the average NFL viewer is now 55+. Baylor is investing in esports already and is either now or soon going to be offering esports scholarships. I don't get it, but at first I didn't get texting either! 

https://www.goldmansachs.com/insights/pages/infographics/e-sports/index.html?cid=sch-pd-google-esportshub-searchad-201810-----&mkwid=JoRcjaSG&gclid=Cj0KCQiA3IPgBRCAARIsABb-iGKlv1eYpI45Eilh1UwFfmh5mXIicMBHbwoP_VrefFEzHT93tupjehUaAl7BEALw_wcB

WTF, this is not a sport this playing video games. I can see it now, Chad is day to day because of a sprained index finger.  How can this even be thought of as a sport?   The rate it is going the P-5 will drive all the little guys into this arena.  Will we have e-cheerleaders and e-band.

UNT signs 4-star e-recruit Kenny.

image.png.03e5fb7ebae3d1fab47d0e13158fd131.png

Edited by southsideguy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

On 11/30/2018 at 2:26 PM, Huff said:

I would love to see UTA start up  their  football program again.  We had some great games with them many yearrs ago and could have great games in the future.

I can see it now Metroplex weekend SMU vs TCU, UNT vs UTA. It doesn't excite me and it will water down the recruiting even more.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1