DMN: Les Miles Involved in UTA Football Planning Meetings

Talon90

http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/PDF/9111.PDF?CFID=89472963&CFTOKEN=22252459

Did I read somewhere on GMG.com about TS-San Marcos only having 29,000 students?   Is that undergrads, because they are larger than UNT in overall enrollment (albeit barely).  

Check out UTA!😳 

While we weren’t looking UTA & TS-San Marcos passed our favorite school in enrollment.

💰💰💰Would be interesting to see TS-San Marcos endowment coffers vs North Texas. 

GMG!

PS:  I still like our favorite school’s future although others seemed to have caught up & even passed us with aggressive undergraduate recruiting. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Confused 1

On 11/28/2018 at 10:28 AM, Stix said:

Do we really need another college team in the DFW area?

If UNT wants to ever distinguish itself from the conglomeration of Texas G5’s we might follow the TCU model which had (an even then) G5 TCU athletic program tell their longtime bosom buddy school SMU—

“SEE YA’ LATER—WE’RE OUTTA’ HERE!🖐

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Maybe so, but both require more than sitting on one's rear and twiddling their thumbs. 

You ever seen a drunk bowler roll a perfect game while at a black-light midnight bowling event?  I have.  Yet, I still don't see these competitive gamers even consider alcohol while in a match.

Just my personal opinion:

I've done enough bowling (rolled a 600+ series), and was just good enough at gaming to explore my competitive options.  My humble advice to anyone is to not underestimate how complicated and fast gaming is, or how hard these people work.  It's way above "twiddling thumbs" and much more complicated than finding the perfect golf swing or roll of a bowling ball.

Defining a "sport" has become really hard.

Okay, the golf swing takes some athletic ability.  Bowling takes coordinated movements that require some motor function. Gaming requires sitting in front of a screen, making quick mental decisions while essentially moving one's thumbs. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 1

If the UT system can get some more of their puppy schools going they can have their own conference.  The conference could save money for the teams.  They could buy uniforms in bulk since they have the same colors.  They all can have UT on the helmets and then go to Lowes and buy the other two letters to stick on the helmets.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, southsideguy said:

If the UT system can get some more of their puppy schools going they can have their own conference.  The conference could save money for the teams.  They could buy uniforms in bulk since they have the same colors.  They all can have UT on the helmets and then go to Lowes and buy the other two letters to stick on the helmets.  

Permanent University Fund sugar babies

• Upvote 2