Oklahoma (11/27/18)

CMJ

5 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Shots not falling

OU has a lot to do with that...actually appreciate seeing a team dig in defensively these days. 

thinking Ryan needs to start attacking more...they're over-playing the perimeter and Zach is a bit out of his depth against McNeace athletically. Ryan can consistently get by pretty much anyone. should free up better looks 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

that's a hell of a half. within two despite shooting 29% from the field and no one in significant foul trouble. 

we definitely played a bit quick and sloppy and rushed a few shots we'd have confidently taken against lesser programs.  Gibson looks a little exposed against top competition...looking forward to his assuming a 6th man microwave role. Smart takes some suspect shots, but he and Ryan have gotta carry this thing home. 

I also want to see the tiny-ball line-up for spurts...think Zach goes first 4-5 min or until he gets third foul...Jamiah-Ryan-Duffy-Smart-Miller is a match-up nightmare, though it shouldn't be over-exposed. 

full credit to OUs defense. they're not a good team...NIT at best...but Lon has his boys playing dug in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Are we ever going to go big? I was waiting for the day Mohammed would come in and start. A co worker texted and asked if we were a JV boys team because we aren’t tall enough to compete with Guyer. 😞

SFA had some really successful teams recently pulling off several upsets in the NCAA tourney all while playing small ball. Same with Middle Tennessee a couple years ago. I don't care if we play big or small as long as we win.

• Downvote 1

Just now, GMG_Dallas said:

SFA had some really successful teams recently pulling off several upsets in the NCAA tourney all while playing small ball. Same with Middle Tennessee a couple years ago. I don't care if we play big or small as long as we win.

Is agree, but I am excited for Mohamed next season. I miss having that Jordan Williams type player who had length, athleticism, and can be an offensive threat. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

First half was like I thought it would be.  The length of their defenders is making it difficult for our shooters to get into a rhythm.  Thus, a slow start and lower % than normal.  They are struggling with our quickness in the backcourt, which is contributing to turnovers.   We can certainly win this!  Let's go Mean Green!

Edited by Mean Green Fan4Life
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Is agree, but I am excited for Mohamed next season. I miss having that Jordan Williams type player who had length, athleticism, and can be an offensive threat. 

I'll take a Mike Miller/Jahmiah Simmons rugged 6'3"/6'4" 200+ over a Jordan at 6'7" 180. 

their length makes them solid defensively, but we're not losing because we're smaller

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'll take a Mike Miller/Jahmiah Simmons rugged 6'3"/6'4" 200+ over a Jordan at 6'7" 180. 

their length makes them solid defensively, but we're not losing because we're smaller

No JW love? 

- Miller is one of my favorite guys on the team but I like him at the 3. I prefer Woolridge, Smart, Miller, Arikawe, and Simmons with J. Simmons coming in for Arikawe to go small. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No JW love? 

- Miller is one of my favorite guys on the team but I like him at the 3. I prefer Woolridge, Smart, Miller, Arikawe, and Simmons with J. Simmons coming in for Arikawe to go small. 

it's not a lack of JW-specific love. just saying I'll take the under-sized bruiser over the lanky wing. 

Arikawe is good for 2 minute spurts...we made a good run in the first half with small ball, though...I'm keen to see it more than Arikawe just because he's 6'8". 

that said, Zach is coming to life, so keep riding him for a while. we're missing some bunnies, though

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BillySee58 said:

Jahmiah and Mo are killing us

at least Jahmiah brings something else other than scoring. Mo needs to sit now. 

as far as breaking down Grant coaching...I love how much we a consciously not just jacking 3s. he's doing exactly what I hoped and encouraging Ryan to get to the cup. that said...this was definitely not the right time to see some Tikho and he needs to bring Umoja back to earth 

• Downvote 1