Could it be?

GreenFlag

Let's see, NT Exes sends me a birthday card signed by David Layton and numerous pieces of correspondance.

Rick Villareal accepts an invitation to speak in front of 65 of my fraternity brothers at a golf tourney this summer to speak the Mean Green gospel and sell the program. It was his second golf tourney to work that day!

I get a call from Abbey, a secretary for Chuck Benson who is an advancement associate housed in the Gateway Center. She would like to know if I would like to have lunch with him. I say sure, he has offered to come to see me in the Metroplex (nice touch) but I pass and say I'll come to Denton. I asked her how she got my name and she replies "probably athletics". What??? We have athletics working with the advancement center and probably the other way around.

This isn't the same North Texas that would call (telemarket) once a year. This is the North Texas that is doing everything right. It is so nice to see UNT reaching for it's full potential.

I am a student worker in the Gateway Center and know Abby, as well as many others in the office.  The whole office is huge athletics supporters.

I still remember the day the athletics fee failed.  I thought we were all going to die of grief.

ph34r.gif

I can't get the image of "the whole office is huge athletic supporters" out of my mind. laugh.gif

I had lunch with Chuck today, and am proud to say I'm now a President's Council member. It's now easy to upgrade your Mean Green Club membership level and have it count towards a PC level. Call Chuck to ask about lunch and all the answers and info you can ask about UNT athletics, Capital Campaigns, facilities, etc.

Chuck Vinson, UNT Office of Development, Metro (817) 267-0851. biggrin.gif