UTSA Fired OC, WR Coach Called Plays Against NT

Cerebus

UTSA announced they would not be bringing their OC Al Borges back next year.  It also seems that he did not call plays against NT, instead WR coach Jeff Kastl was the OC for the game.

So not only did they start a QB they hadn't before, they had a different person calling plays.  So much like how FAU looked confused when Shanbour came in, having a new QB/OC combination probably changed all the tendencies and gave us fits.  

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

"We cannot get rid of *insert coordinator here* otherwise we'll lose our whole 2019 recruiting class" - People who normally downvote my negative Reffert and Harrell posts.

I fail to see the correlation.  They are in no danger of losing a #1 recruiting class...we are.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I fail to see the correlation.  They are in no danger of losing a #1 recruiting class...we are.

So there is nothing we can do other than to sit around and hope for one or more of the following things to happen:

1. The play calling improves
  2. We as fans become more enlightened and suddenly agree with the calls we previously thought were mistakes
  3. SL calls plays
  4. OC and DC get hired away
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

So there is nothing we can do other than to sit around and hope for one or more of the following things to happen:

1. The play calling improves
  2. We as fans become more enlightened and suddenly agree with the calls we previously thought were mistakes
  3. SL calls plays
  4. OC and DC get hired away

Oh, I wouldn’t shed a tear if one of more assistants went away.  I think the offensive play calling has been predictable to horrible on several occasions and the O-line hasn’t protected well. 

My point was that fear of losing recruits (quality recruits) is not unfounded if the person who recruited them is leaving.  ODU and LT are not recruiting at our level (this year) so that would sting.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1