UNT NET Ranking Tracker - 2018/2019

BillySee58

48 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Is it me or do UNT teams seem to have trouble putting away teams?  Football, Basketball we seem to play to the level of our competition.

My mind goes there often. Just ONCE I would love to see us come out against a so-called "underdog" and stomp the piss out of them from the beginning to the end of the contest. No quarter! I often observe a decent early lead and start looking for signs of the letdown. That's why I am worried about today's basketball game and the next four.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Looks like we dropped spots from 37 to 42. San  Francisco is now sitting in our old 37 spot.

Yesterday was a bad day for our past opponents. OU blew a second half lead on the road at Texas Tech (not a bad loss), and Indiana State and New Mexico both lost at home.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

We are 40 today... No movement for the win over UTEP...I actually agree with this.... We are not a Top 25 or even Top 30 if we cannot handily beat 200+ ranked teams..... hopefully this will improve as the season progresses...as noted above, we seem to play to the level of our competition... On the other hand, I also know that as the #1 team in CUSA, we get everyone's best shot to de-throne us. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, chrisfisher said:

We are 40 today... No movement for the win over UTEP...I actually agree with this.... We are not a Top 25 or even Top 30 if we cannot handily beat 200+ ranked teams..... hopefully this will improve as the season progresses...as noted above, we seem to play to the level of our competition... On the other hand, I also know that as the #1 team in CUSA, we get everyone's best shot to de-throne us. 

1-2 start from ODU and La Tech falling to Rice last Saturday have pushed both down to where we are almost the only top 100 team in CUSA. ODU just in at 96

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, chrisfisher said:

I think we are just a good team that knows how to win. No where even close to the talent level of a team like Duke but we just know how to finish.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Harry unpinned this topic