Kendal Briles Tx State Top Target

TheReal_jayD

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Precisely.    You're a big fan of Art Briles, huh?

You're in a small minority.

I’m not an Art Briles fan but I do believe he was the scapegoat in a much bigger problem. I also believe if he had taken the Texas job in 2014 instead of spurning them to stay at Baylor, none of this would’ve ever made national news. Call me tin foil hat guy all you want but the Longhorns carry a massive media stick.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m not an Art Briles fan but I do believe he was the scapegoat in a much bigger problem. I also believe if he had taken the Texas job in 2014 instead of spurning them to stay at Baylor, none of this would’ve ever made national news. Call me tin foil hat guy all you want but the Longhorns carry a massive media stick.

Maybe Art Briles is a scapegoat.  Maybe Kendall is too.    Both are going to have to prove they're not though, and I CERTAINLY don't want either to prove it here.   If TXSt wants to roll the dice, so be it.  I'd be shocked if they do.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

boom. If Baylor hadnt been running through Big 12 this wouldn't have been a thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

boom. If Baylor hadnt been running through Big 12 this wouldn't have been a thing.

The breadth of everything going on at Baylor would certainly have been a story regardless of how the football team was doing.
A coach with nuts to nip what he can in the bud, and keep his players out of the fracas would have spared his job.  But his team probably wouldn't have been as successful, so...   he (they?) just pushed it up the chain, washed his (their?) hands, and played dumb later.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The breadth of everything going on at Baylor would certainly have been a story regardless of how the football team was doing.
A coach with nuts to nip what he can in the bud, and keep his players out of the fracas would have spared his job.  But his team probably wouldn't have been as successful, so...   he (they?) just pushed it up the chain, washed his (their?) hands, and played dumb later.

how many of the players accused actually played?

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

how many of the players accused actually played?

Don't know.  Don't care.   

Did he (they?) bring them in thinking they could help him win games?  Even with red flags?   
Then, when issues arose, not get rid of them ASAP for "violation of team rules", which is a legit excuse, yet extremely innocuous for both parties? 
Instead, keeping them around in hopes they would contribute while passing the blame up the chain?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Don't know.  Don't care.   

Did he (they?) bring them in thinking they could help him win games?  Even with red flags?   
Then, when issues arose, not get rid of them ASAP for "violation of team rules", which is a legit excuse, yet extremely innocuous for both parties? 
Instead, keeping them around in hopes they would contribute while passing the blame up the chain?

its hard to get a team of 100 football players that are choir boys. every team has some kids with red flags. UNT even has some. i believe the two guys that started the cases and uproars actually finished college careers at other universities.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

its hard to get a team of 100 football players that are choir boys. every team has some kids with red flags. UNT even has some. i believe the two guys that started the cases and uproars actually finished college careers at other universities.

I mean there are red flags, and then there are:

mCAE9vV.jpg

7 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Almost all of them. I believe all but one. 

There were only two convicted of anything. I believe this two were the only ones ever charged with anything,  but I could be wrong.  One of those never was on the team and I don't think the other played much. That's what made this so stupid,  Baylor was doing well without recruiting bad guys. They didn't have to but choose to.  

• Upvote 2

Also, Art Briles was not a scapegoat. He was knowledgeable of and involved in actively trying to cover up incidents in which his players were involved outside of Baylor's disciplinary system. 

Lawsuits involving gang rapes by football players are still pending/being settled, so it's early to say whether it was just the half dozen guys who actually got in trouble, or the 20-30 guys who've been accused. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

There were only two convicted of anything. I believe this two were the only ones ever charged with anything,  but I could be wrong.  One of those never was on the team and I don't think the other played much. That's what made this so stupid,  Baylor was doing well without recruiting bad guys. They didn't have to but choose to.  

Yeah, it's funny how few convictions there are when every authority figure, from assistant coaches to ADs to police, actively work to cover up crimes and hang the victims out to dry.

A number of cases haven't even gone to trial yet (Armstead, Oakman), so I wouldn't be hanging my hat on "well, only 2 of 20-30 guys alleged to have committed assaults, sexual assaults, and gang rapes have been convicted."

A lot of them won't ever be in trouble, won't ever be indicted, won't ever be convicted of anything. But I think there's enough in the reports that have come out to say that this wasn't a few bad apples who had no impact. If there weren't GOOD players involved in anything, there's no reason for Art to have worked so hard to sweep things under the rug. Hell, he could make a statement by suspending and cutting the scrub players.

• Upvote 2

On 11/26/2018 at 9:44 AM, TheReal_jayD said:

What your thoughts on this ?

Withers has done a good job recruiting. Built a decent defense. I think Briles will have offense turned around ASAP. Think TX State will be a contender in the Sun Belt West very soon.

Boy you were dead wrong on this one. Welcome Jake Spavital to San Marcos.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Boy you were dead wrong on this one. Welcome Jake Spavital to San Marcos.

But at least we got to learn which of our fans are ready to go to bat defending the sacred honor of the Briles family name. You can't put a price on that, baby! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Yeah, it's funny how few convictions there are when every authority figure, from assistant coaches to ADs to police, actively work to cover up crimes and hang the victims out to dry.

A number of cases haven't even gone to trial yet (Armstead, Oakman), so I wouldn't be hanging my hat on "well, only 2 of 20-30 guys alleged to have committed assaults, sexual assaults, and gang rapes have been convicted."

A lot of them won't ever be in trouble, won't ever be indicted, won't ever be convicted of anything. But I think there's enough in the reports that have come out to say that this wasn't a few bad apples who had no impact. If there weren't GOOD players involved in anything, there's no reason for Art to have worked so hard to sweep things under the rug. Hell, he could make a statement by suspending and cutting the scrub players.

Not to get too off track but Baylor owns Waco. 

• Lovely Take 1