Kendal Briles Tx State Top Target

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, DallasGreen said:

Art is the perfect Seth Littrell replacement if you want nationwide publicity and a team that won’t fold the tents anytime it gets the lead. All three losses were very winnable and the last one downright embarrassing. If SL wants to go let him. He may have improved the situation here, but he threw away the chance to post a great season. He is ready to move or else he would not have hired an agent.

Back to back 9 win seasons and possibly a 10th, in addition to the 2019 class.

9-11 wins is great IMO.

only “good” would be 6-8 wins.

11+ with a championship is a legacy/HOF season.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

Art is the perfect Seth Littrell replacement if you want nationwide publicity and a team that won’t fold the tents anytime it gets the lead. All three losses were very winnable and the last one downright embarrassing. If SL wants to go let him. He may have improved the situation here, but he threw away the chance to post a great season. He is ready to move or else he would not have hired an agent.

Let’s clarify your assumption here. He’s had an agent since he got to Denton from Chapel Hill in 2015 (as does every other HFC and major college coordinator). He changed agencies this season to Jimmy Sexton’s firm.

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

Back to back 9 win seasons and possibly a 10th, in addition to the 2019 class.

9-11 wins is great IMO.

only “good” would be 6-8 wins.

11+ with a championship is a legacy/HOF season.

In 54 years of playing at the major college level, we've had seven 9-win seasons. 

In 54 years of playing at the major college level, we've had enough sustained success to have only two back to back 9-win seasons. 

In 54 years of playing at the major college level, we've only ever had a 10-win season with the help of an NCAA imposed forfeit. If we win the bowl game, this will be the most actual wins ever. EVER. 

@DallasGreen is correct that this could have been an even better season. But he's wrong that this isn't already a special season. It is tied as the most sustained success in the history of the program with a signature win over Arkansas.

Next year, we can improve. That doesn't mean this year isn't special. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

In 54 years of playing at the major college level, we've had seven 9-win seasons. 

In 54 years of playing at the major college level, we've had enough sustained success to have only two back to back 9-win seasons. 

In 54 years of playing at the major college level, we've only ever had a 10-win season with the help of an NCAA imposed forfeit. If we win the bowl game, this will be the most actual wins ever. EVER. 

@DallasGreen is correct that this could have been an even better season. But he's wrong that this isn't already a special season. It is tied as the most sustained success in the history of the program with a signature win over Arkansas.

Next year, we can improve. That doesn't mean this year isn't special. 

9-3 is not "special". These type of comments are symptoms of the beaten dog syndrome. Just because we have had buckets of suck dumped all over us for decades does not make 9 wins special. Especially if you consider we went 8-1 vs a bunch of literal losers and 1-2 vs winners. 3 of our wins have 31 losses. And we played 4th quarter games with 2 of these in this special season. For us to get to 10 wins, I'm afraid we may need a meddling 6-6 squad from the belt or mac. 

And I'm not trying to be a debbie downing dick head. I just can't stomach calling the results of this season special. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Phil Longo is someone to keep an eye on.....

He's high on my list if Littrell leaves.

Add USF OC Sterlin Gilbert to the list that interviewed with TX St. The lasted looks like Houston is trying to give Kendal a raise to keep him from leaving. That's a solid list for Tx St. Wonder if it forces UTSA hand?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheReal_jayD said:

Add USF OC Sterlin Gilbert to the list that interviewed with TX St. The lasted looks like Houston is trying to give Kendal a raise to keep him from leaving. That's a solid list for Tx St. Wonder if it forces UTSA hand?

Seems like TxST is trying to go the Offense route. Spavital is still questionable for me, but any of those guys would provide a prolific offense.

I hope any decision anyone makes leaves UTSA in shambles. I hate that school, so the further down they are, the better.

• Haha 1

Just now, MGNation92 said:

Seems like TxST is trying to go the Offense route. Spavital is still questionable for me, but any of those guys would provide a prolific offense.

I hope any decision anyone makes leaves UTSA in shambles. I hate that school, so the further down they are, the better.

I think Tx State has put together a great list of offensive minds. But every one on the list has a red flag or two. I think if Seth were to leave UNT would aim higher than just a top OC this time.

12 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I guess UH doesn’t care about all the negative publicity they are gonna receive for having a Briles and giving him a raise. Any minute the Longhorn Network and Texas Monthly are gonna uncover some devious stuff I’m sure.

Big difference between him being a subordinate VS running the show.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Lil' "ya like white girls?" can't do all the shady things daddy let slide, or turn blind eyes to red-flag guys with Major running the program.   

He can if he's in charge.

Wait so you are saying Art Briles who trusted his staff a little too much would let Kendal get away with more than the guy that cheated on his pregnant wife with a student athletic trainer?

jwf5q2r.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1