Kendal Briles Tx State Top Target

TheReal_jayD

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

What your thoughts on this ?

Withers has done a good job recruiting. Built a decent defense. I think Briles will have offense turned around ASAP. Think TX State will be a contender in the Sun Belt West very soon.

I saw where he was interviewing there. Is he for sure hired? Haven't seen anything on it

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was surprised he would be considered for a HC job in Texas yet.   I would have thought he would have to go out of state first before coming back.

Hard to argue his results on offense. 

Baylor averaging 80 points a game.

Goes to FAU, they average 80 points a game, leaves FAU and they're in shambles in comparison.

Goes to Houston, THEY average 80 points a game.

For a program that's already in the mud, at this point, what's to lose?

1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

Hard to argue his results on offense. 

Baylor averaging 80 points a game.

Goes to FAU, they average 80 points a game, leaves FAU and they're in shambles in comparison.

Goes to Houston, THEY average 80 points a game.

For a program that's already in the mud, at this point, what's to lose?

Agree with all of the things he's done on the field VS where TXSt is at...  I just wasn't sure if his ties with the Baylor fiasco would have enough stench to keep all potential suitors away for a while.   I guess not.

Dad can't even get an OC job in Canada, but son can get a D1 HC job.    Wonder if he brings his dad on as an assistant?

27 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

It was reported this morning he is top target. Which usual means either A) he is waiting to see if he gets a bigger interview B) TX State wants to see how donors react.

Soooo you started a thread saying he's been hired by TXST when its only being reported that he's interviewing? Jumping the gun a bit. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Yes, watch out for TX State--if Briles gets hired, all coeds near San Marcos should be on alert...

Has anyone heard.of any problems with the players he coached at either FAU or Houston? You can be certain Baylor came up in his talks with the Texas State AD. I honestly don't know enough to say if Kendal has learnt from the experience, but he had a front row seat to what can go wrong. I remember reading Kendal make a terribly inappropriate comment to a recruit but I don't remember the exact comment. That is clearly bad, but no where near covering up a rape. Since he'd gotten two jobs since then, I hope he realizes there really are things more important than winning football games. If he has, he's got the potential to be a hell of a coach.