Some down time now, so what do think of next years team

southsideguy

49 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

on paper....it's tougher.

If Seth Littrell looked at that schedule and thought anything but "bring it" I would be severely disappointed in Seth Littrell...

I'm going to go with he's not going to run from that schedule....

I agree, but his agent could easily explain to him that his resume won’t get better than it is right now...no doubt that schedule is MUCH tougher than this year’s was.

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

I agree, but his agent could easily explain to him that his resume won’t get better than it is right now...no doubt that schedule is MUCH tougher than this year’s was.

If Chad Morris can get a P5 job with a losing record, then Seth could get a P5 job with an overall winning record. 

Also, the schedule looks harder, but still looks like a winning record.

41 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

If Chad Morris can get a P5 job with a losing record, then Seth could get a P5 job with an overall winning record. 

Also, the schedule looks harder, but still looks like a winning record.

Chad Morris is a used car saleman who was buddy buddy with Jerry Jones, Razorback Fans already tired of Chad after one year, such a horrible hire.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

How much will this tougher schedule affect SL in his decision to stay or jump ship while the getting is good?

Good Lord.  There are 38 pages dedicated to this speculation on another thread.  Can we not high jack this one and just talk about the team?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Good Lord.  There are 38 pages dedicated to this speculation on another thread.  Can we not high jack this one and just talk about the team?

We are trying but it keeps getting derailed. 

Honestly I am not sure which defensive position concerns me most. At least Roberts and Johnson got some playing time in meaningful games this year because of Hall’s injury.  We very well might have two starting LBs without a snap under their belts at this level. I just can’t imagine the current backups starting next year. 

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

How much will this tougher schedule affect SL in his decision to stay or jump ship while the getting is good?

Its an oportunity. Coaching resumes are not only made on overall records, but also on big time wins. This year has more opportunites there. @Cal won't be easy, but its a game that NT will not just mark as an L, and Houston at home is also an opportunity (that should be easier if Briles really leaves. I don't have fond memories of NT against Briles offense).

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

With all the 3 Star talent coming next year, will any of them compete for starting time?

Maybe not starting but certainly in the two deep. Depending on position, that could mean significant playing time, such as on the D-line.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Felozano said:

Did we have any players utilize the 4 game redshirt this year?  How did they do?  Any promise for next year?

I'm sure it was, I can't recall though. Wish these qbs would get rotation but we can't protect a lead and if we can SL seems to be willing to go through hell or high water to pad Masons stats. 

As for next season...Tougher schedule while losing some defensive play makers. Offense has to get it's 2017 mojo back because they may be in for some more heavy lifting in 2019. We need guys to step in and step up at LB and Corner without doubt. DL should be able to hold pat, but it'd be nice to have an unforseen guy step up and be a difference maker in that group as well. I think we have been underrecruiting the DL group and it may start nibbling on our ass in 2019 and then ripping chunks out in 2020. 

• Thanks 1