ESPN+

NTEdgex2

Wanted to get the free 7 days to watch the game but it says it won’ start until December 1, so I cancelled out of it.  Is this anyone else’s experience?

GMG!

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, NTEdgex2 said:

Wanted to get the free 7 days to watch the game but it says it won’ start until December 1, so I cancelled out of it.  Is this anyone else’s experience?

GMG!

this is the 3rd time I've used the 7 day pass this year. I just use a different email each time.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

I have watched many a game on espn360.com. Usually a pretty good feed. This last month they started charging 4.99 per month. Still a good deal. But the new espn+ is crappy. only had a good picture for 1st qtr. Constant freezing and scrambling..I will cancel immediately after this game. I sure hope Nasa isn't using any feeds from espn !!!!! 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, greeneagle69 said:

I have watched many a game on espn360.com. Usually a pretty good feed. This last month they started charging 4.99 per month. Still a good deal. But the new espn+ is crappy. only had a good picture for 1st qtr. Constant freezing and scrambling..I will cancel immediately after this game. I sure hope Nasa isn't using any feeds from espn !!!!! 

I’ve had the opposite experience. ESPN+ has been great for me. If there are any technical issues it’s probably the fault of the school running the feed. Looking at you, ODU! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, greeneagle69 said:

ESPN360 became ESPN3, which still exists.  ESPN+ is different from ESPN3.  ESPN3 tends to be a feed from the home school's AV resources.  ESPN3+  is usually an ESPN crew and usually a much better production than what you'll find on ESPN3.  Also, ESPN3 is free if covered by your TV service provider.  ESPN+ is TV service provider agnostic and has a fee fo ~5 bucks/month.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Thanks 1

I signed up Saturday morning before heading up to watch basketball game. Broadcast was fine. At $5, I may see what else is coming up before I cancel. ESPN3 is a mystery. I was able to get it on DirectTV earlier this year, but couldn't last time we were on. I simply ran HDMI cable from laptop to receiver to watch it.

I've not had any feed problems and usually catch at least parts of several games. Plus I watch some NHL (basically any Predators game) and MLS (the SKC games).

I suspect people having feed issues are contending with a poor network or the internet providers are throttling it to try to force ESPN to pay for access ahead of the launch of Disney+

• Upvote 1