***Official UNT vs. UTSA Game Thread***

Harry

2 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

We will see going into next year. We have had high hopes for him, but two acl tears is killing us. Is a great kid that holds his head hi though. I hope he gets a shot. 

I'm a sports Physical Therapist, I obviously don't know the extent of his injury but I would fully expect him back 100% by camp.  His injured knee will be stronger than prior to injury. Depending on his Rehab he should be strong in bilateral limbs. I'm rooting for the kid expect when he plays the team in green.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

Barely beating UTEP and losing to ODU should have warned us about the rest of the season.  FAU win was a good win but they lost to Charlotte today😣.  UAB gets smoked by MUTS and La Tech gets drilled by WKU.  SMU, ARK and Liberty all finish with losing records.  This was the easiest schedule in the history of our program and we didn't take full advantage of it.  We were the better team in every matchup this year but we drastically underperformed the second half of the season.  Is this better than where we were 3 years ago, absolutely but we should be better than where we are right now.  That's the disappointment.

tenor.gif?itemid=5080988

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

My point is... if Littrell knows what adjustments need to be made, and Harrell isn't making them, then our head coach needs to step in and make the adjustments that will give our players a chance to win games. Not wanting to step on toes isn't a good excuse.

Yeah.... that's what I said in my original post... READ!

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I'm a sports Physical Therapist, I obviously don't know the extent of his injury but I would fully expect him back 100% by camp.  His injured knee will be stronger than prior to injury. Depending on his Rehab he should be strong in bilateral limbs. I'm rooting for the kid expect when he plays the team in green.

That’s good to know! I sure do hope so. 

2 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Don’t Forget to celebrate that FAU can’t go bowling either.

I mean...who needs quality wins come recruiting time?😳

Rick

Except that we don’t directly compete against FAU for recruits. 

Wait, is this a bit? 

15 minutes ago, Talon90 said:

Barely beating UTEP and losing to ODU should have warned us about the rest of the season.  FAU win was a good win but they lost to Charlotte today😣.  UAB gets smoked by MUTS and La Tech gets drilled by WKU.  SMU, ARK and Liberty all finish with losing records.  This was the easiest schedule in the history of our program and we didn't take full advantage of it.  We were the better team in every matchup this year but we drastically underperformed the second half of the season.  Is this better than where we were 3 years ago, absolutely but we should be better than where we are right now.  That's the disappointment.

Haven’t you been paying attention?   We’re right where we’re supposed to be with Arkansas and Southern Miss being our two quality wins on the season. Who needs more than that?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 7

10 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Except that we don’t directly compete against FAU for recruits. 

Sure we do.  How stupid to think that it better to sell a recruit a win over a bad team than a win over good one?

It’s just goofy to think otherwise.

We always want the opponents we beat to do well down the road.  

Quality of wins gives us one more thing to sell to any recruit we compete against them for......as well as for SOS, rankings, Bowl positionings etc.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Wookies said:

After reading your posts I sometimes wonder if you even watch the games. Special teams gave up a short field and essentially the TD with the blocked punt. The OC calls the worst kind of run play possible again on 4th and 1, but sure lets fire the DC for taking the defense from 116th last year to 32nd this year.

We played one team this year with a winning record.  We won close games that could have been losses--like tonight.  Last year we won close games.  We don't have the players yet who have a killer instinct.

Our Quarterback(s) did not have one offensive lineman this Fall that will make 1'st or 2'nd team All CUSA.  What Fine did was amazing and even more amazing is how he still has fully functional arms and legs 

We have to recruit better linemen on both sides of the ball  because you can't win without them at any level of the NCAA.  

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Sure we do.  How stupid to think that it better to sell a recruit a win over a bad team than a win over good one?

It’s just goofy to think otherwise.

We always want the opponents we beat to do well down the road.  

Quality of wins gives us one more thing to sell to any recruit we compete against them for......as well as for SOS, rankings, Bowl positionings etc.

Rick

I don’t know what to tell you if you think most Texas high school recruits know anything about FAU.  They are committing here because our coaches are building good relationships and our program is improving/winning. You think FAU winning 6 vs 5 this year might swing a recruit? You are committed to this line if thinking so I can tell nothing will change your mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

GH needs to kick rocks. He has proven to be a liability and not a commodity. No point keeping him around. Stepping on toes??!! Stomp on them for all I care. Offense regressed this year and I'm sure the metrics would prove that. Situational play calling may not be quantitative, but it too has slipped. 

Might have to agree with you on this one. I wonder if it would be to much of a distraction for Seth to call plays next year. Either way I'd like to see a new play caller or vast improvement from GH.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Talon90 said:

But Incarnate Word won the Southland Conference! 😉

22 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t know what to tell you if you think most Texas high school recruits know anything about FAU.  They are committing here because our coaches are building good relationships and our program is improving/winning. You think FAU winning 6 vs 5 this year might swing a recruit? You are committed to this line if thinking so I can tell nothing will change your mind.

Never said Most Texas recruits know FAU but I’m sure some do.

Regardles, it makes most sense to want wins over quality opponents than poor ones.  It’s good for recruiting, SOS, rankings, Bowl placement and donor recruitment.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1